Reload this Page >

The 2022 - 2023 LAX Parking Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisl137
Parking @ LAX: https://book.flylax.com/book/LAX/Parking or LAX Official Airport Parking

Recommendations for selecting booking times and total booking periods: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34711926-post186.html
Note also that for booking close-in and and around holiday peaks, some of the off airport lots may offer advance rates that are very competitive with the LAX operated lots.

Interactive map of LAX on-airport (Central Terminal Area) parking status is linked here (includes links to nearby off airport parking if you scroll down)

Economy and Budget Lot Shuttle Tracker (bottom link, light blue) (as of 10/25/23 it seems to mostly show Budget Lot shuttles and some Economy Lot shuttles don't show up on the tracker)

Note that parking rates in the CTA structures increased on 10/19/21.
Economy Parking (structure in part of the old lot C location) opened 10/19/21.
Prebooking is available at substantial discounts for the CTA ($22 vs $50/day) and Economy ($15 vs $25/day) parking at this link

See most recent posts in thread for prebooking discount codes offered for airport operated parking lots.

For prebooking, you must book at least 6 hours before your arrival.
For the Economy Lot, your QR code becomes active 4 hours prior to your booked arrival time
For CTA lots, the QR code becomes active 2 hours prior to your booked arrival time.

Note that access to the Economy Lot is only via Westchester Pkwy to Jetway Bl - there doesn't appear to be any shortcut via 96th.

Fly LAX Official Twitter Feed with general information.
Fly LAX Stats Official Twitter feed with parking lot occupancy and time to T1 from points outside the airport and time through the U on the upper and lower levels.

Park 'N Fly @ Park One and LAX Lot C are permanently closed.
Lot E is permanently closed as of 7/26/21

With the limited availability of parking at LAX as travel picks back up, Van Nuys or Union Station+Flyaway bus may be a reasonable alternative:
Union Station Parking (at Patsouras Plaza) is $8/day. Make sure you're in Union Station East (the underground facility) and fill out and drop off the downloadable form if you'll be there longer than 3 days.
The Consolidated "LAX Flyaway Bus" Thread (2014 - Date) has up to date information on taking the flyaway bus; parking is $5 a day.

Older posts on this topic may contain relevant information and can be found in this thread:
Print Wikipost

The 2022 - 2023 LAX Parking Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2022, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pre-book your parking now in our brand new Economy Garage and get an extra 15% off the online rates, just use code ECONOMY15.

Offer applies to new economy bookings only and expires at midnight April 15, 2022. Discount is applied to all online parking rates for arrivals on or before July 1, 2022.
This is for the Economy Garage only, so make sure to keep using SPRING15 otherwise.
OskiBear and chrisl137 like this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by corky
Thank you....I booked a spot at Quikpark thanks to TWA884. I found the same place a few bucks cheaper going through cheapairportparking.com so I will use them next time.
Thanks for your help.
What was the difference in prices by going through the other website? Is it parking length dependent?

David
Old Apr 1, 2022, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELee
What was the difference in prices by going through the other website? Is it parking length dependent?

David
I don't remember. Sorry.
Meanwhile I sent 3 messages through their website to cancel because my flight was canceled I can't seem to get a confirmation that it was canceled so I guess I will have to wait and see if it shows up on my credit card and dispute the charge.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corky
I don't remember. Sorry.
Meanwhile I sent 3 messages through their website to cancel because my flight was canceled I can't seem to get a confirmation that it was canceled so I guess I will have to wait and see if it shows up on my credit card and dispute the charge.
I've been able to cancel these right on the website.
chrisl137 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by josephstern
I've been able to cancel these right on the website.
I got to a page that said "contact us" and that's where I asked to cancel.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just press "view booking details" once logged in and then I get the option to cancel:

corky and TWA884 like this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've been using the parking reservations system pretty regularly for a while now and they seem to be smoothing out the bugs, or I'm getting used to it.

The economy lot reliably reads my license plate to let me in and out. The lookup is pretty quick now so there's often someone working out credit card payment in one of the other lanes and I can just roll up, tap the brakes, and it says "thanks, chrisl137!" and pops up the barrier while the other lane is still fumbling with cards.

The CTA parking is still a little iffier, but improving. I parked in P4 monday morning and they had booked it full enough that it was coned off and they had to have someone check my reservation manually before letting me through to the ticket dispenser/QR reader. That one still wants to see the QR code on the way in. It did read my license plate on the way out though - I was reaching for the scanner with my piece of paper and it recognized the plate and popped up the gate before I got it into the beam. I suspect they'll keep creeping up the pricing on the CTA parking until they don't have to have manual checkers at the entrances.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The deals are getting steadily worse:

Pre-book and you'll get 20% off economy parking or 10% off our other parking options when you use code EASTER20.

* Offer applies to new economy bookings only and expires at midnight April 22, 2022. Discount is applied to all online parking rates for arrivals on or before July 1, 2022. Bookings must be made at least 6 hours before arrival. Overstay fees will be charged as normal upon exit. Promotion subject to availability. LAWA reserve the right to modify or withdraw this offer at any time.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sticking with Sunrise LAX - been pre-reservng for $16.99/day base rate.

David
Old Apr 8, 2022, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sticking with Sunrise LAX - been pre-reservng for $16.99/day base rate.
I've never gotten a rate that low with pre-booking with them - did they lower it when the Economy lot opened?
Old Apr 9, 2022, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chrisl137
I've never gotten a rate that low with pre-booking with them - did they lower it when the Economy lot opened?
Not that I'm aware of. I have been refused pre-booking close in but I assumed that was a function off their lot being full.

When I picked my car up last night, their drive up sign was showing $25.99/day and you had to hand over your keys so they would valet/stack park.

Just probed for even this weekend and the website (https://www.sunriseparkinglax.com/) is still offering $16.99/day.

David
Old Apr 9, 2022, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not that I'm aware of. I have been refused pre-booking close in but I assumed that was a function off their lot being full.

When I picked my car up last night, their drive up sign was showing $25.99/day and you had to hand over your keys so they would valet/stack park.

Just probed for even this weekend and the website (https://www.sunriseparkinglax.com/) is still offering $16.99/day.

David
Ugh. I really hate handing over my keys. Can you pay more to get a spot that isn't stacked? This was sounding like a good option until I heard about this.
Statman and TWA884 like this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ugh. I really hate handing over my keys. Can you pay more to get a spot that isn't stacked? This was sounding like a good option until I heard about this.
Actually no. It is a matter of timing. I've been lucky in dropping off for early flights as well as arriving for later night time departures with parking spaces open. On this last trip, I got to the lot at 8 pm on a Tuesday and kept my keys since spots were open. The benefit is that you will be able to park if you've pre-reserved and still make your flight even if no spots are open and they'll manage your vehicle.

I think it's important to note that Sunrise is the smallest lot adjacent to LAX. So they differ from the mega lots and use well kept modern 15 passenger vans for pickup and drop off.

For me, I appreciate that I can either call for them to pick me up or I can walk to the lot which is basically just a little further and behind the Hyatt if I want the exercise and avoid the smokers and many others standing on the Departures level waiting for hotel and car lot shuttles as well.

Probably Sunrise isn't for everyone but if the price interests folks, I suggest to try them out to see if they're a fit for you.

David
Old Apr 9, 2022, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I parked there a bunch of times with reservations before the new economy lot opened and never had to hand over keys - there's always been a spot available for me. Sometimes a very tight spot, but always a spot and never stacked.
DELee likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The latest discount code is "TESLA15" and if you pre-book between April 19 and June 14 you get a chance to win a Tesla Model 3.
Statman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.