Reload this Page >

The 2022 - 2023 LAX Parking Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisl137
Parking @ LAX: https://book.flylax.com/book/LAX/Parking or LAX Official Airport Parking

Recommendations for selecting booking times and total booking periods: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34711926-post186.html
Note also that for booking close-in and and around holiday peaks, some of the off airport lots may offer advance rates that are very competitive with the LAX operated lots.

Interactive map of LAX on-airport (Central Terminal Area) parking status is linked here (includes links to nearby off airport parking if you scroll down)

Economy and Budget Lot Shuttle Tracker (bottom link, light blue) (as of 10/25/23 it seems to mostly show Budget Lot shuttles and some Economy Lot shuttles don't show up on the tracker)

Note that parking rates in the CTA structures increased on 10/19/21.
Economy Parking (structure in part of the old lot C location) opened 10/19/21.
Prebooking is available at substantial discounts for the CTA ($22 vs $50/day) and Economy ($15 vs $25/day) parking at this link

See most recent posts in thread for prebooking discount codes offered for airport operated parking lots.

For prebooking, you must book at least 6 hours before your arrival.
For the Economy Lot, your QR code becomes active 4 hours prior to your booked arrival time
For CTA lots, the QR code becomes active 2 hours prior to your booked arrival time.

Note that access to the Economy Lot is only via Westchester Pkwy to Jetway Bl - there doesn't appear to be any shortcut via 96th.

Fly LAX Official Twitter Feed with general information.
Fly LAX Stats Official Twitter feed with parking lot occupancy and time to T1 from points outside the airport and time through the U on the upper and lower levels.

Park 'N Fly @ Park One and LAX Lot C are permanently closed.
Lot E is permanently closed as of 7/26/21

With the limited availability of parking at LAX as travel picks back up, Van Nuys or Union Station+Flyaway bus may be a reasonable alternative:
Union Station Parking (at Patsouras Plaza) is $8/day. Make sure you're in Union Station East (the underground facility) and fill out and drop off the downloadable form if you'll be there longer than 3 days.
The Consolidated "LAX Flyaway Bus" Thread (2014 - Date) has up to date information on taking the flyaway bus; parking is $5 a day.

Older posts on this topic may contain relevant information and can be found in this thread:
Print Wikipost

The 2022 - 2023 LAX Parking Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2022, 11:21 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: oneword Emerald
It’s the Cyber Monday Sale at LAX

No monday blues today, today is Cyber Monday and to celebrate we're offering you 15% off parking, when you use code CYBER15.

Why book parking online?
  • We're flexible: change your booking up to 2 hours before you fly
  • It's convenient: park just a few minutes from the terminal
  • It's a great deal: no extra fees or hidden costs
So book online today!

* Offer applies to new bookings only and expires at midnight December 10, 2022. Discount is applied to all online parking rates for arrivals on or before December 31, 2022. Excludes Van Nuys FlyAway. Bookings must be made at least 6 hours before arrival. Overstay fees will be charged as normal upon exit. Promotion subject to availability. LAWA reserve the right to modify or withdraw this offer at any time.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 5:54 pm

I figure most people who park at LAX have signed up for their mailing list, but they just sent one out for 20% off: 20FLASH

Ends on 12/7, supposedly 48 hours. It says it is only for reservations through the end of December, but I was able to apply it for a reservation in March, so ymmv.

Last edited by wcj1; Dec 6, 2022 at 10:06 pm Reason: fixed the code
Old Dec 5, 2022, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe that works, but I got 15FLASH and my friend got 20FLASH. Naturally, I used his.

And, same experience on the dates. I think they just keep forgetting to change the expiration date in the email. I'm pretty sure they won't work in April, btw.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 11:25 am

Did not get either FLASH15 or 20. The last one I got was Cyber15. It could be because I already have an upcoming booking used FALL15. I found the "Discount is applied to all online parking rates for arrivals on or before December 31, 2022." footnote is not really accurate. I was able to book next year with any of the code that is still active even though they all said for arrivals before 2023.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Best choice when advance reservations are not possible?

Edit: I suppose the real question is - which service allows the most flexible and penalty-free cancellations?

(LAX official parking allows cancellations 2 hours before the reservation start time.)

Last edited by eethan; Dec 6, 2022 at 11:08 pm
Old Dec 6, 2022, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eethan
Edit: I suppose the real question is - which service allows the most flexible and penalty-free cancellations?

(LAX official parking allows cancellations 2 hours before the reservation start time.)
Sunrise charges $5 deposit to make a reservation and then you don't pay the balance if you don't show. If you know you're going to cancel you can call and get the $5 refunded, but I'm not sure how close to the reservation. They also are competitive with the Economy Lot when you're booking close in.
DELee likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i have a quick daytrip mileage run (8-5 kind of thing) - is there a good option for daytime free parking? Perhaps along sepulveda near target or Kohl/TJ/CVS? I recall parking by cvs years ago not sure if still possible now..
following up to note that i ended up parking for a day near Kohl's/Ross.. easy walk on a cool december day, probably less pleasant in summer; parking spot shuttle may be an option too

Last edited by azepine00; Dec 15, 2022 at 11:18 pm
Old Dec 16, 2022, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Discount code for Jan/Feb parking entries booked before Dec 31: JAN15

15% off terminal, premium, or valet
10% off economy
josephstern likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by chrisl137
Discount code for Jan/Feb parking entries booked before Dec 31: JAN15

15% off terminal, premium, or valet
10% off economy
This is really weak for economy. Interesting options provided for terminal.

David
Old Dec 16, 2022, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELee
This is really weak for economy. Interesting options provided for terminal.

David
I'd guess that people are starting to use the economy lot more so they're discounting it less. Once the people mover starts running it will be faster to get out of the airport a lot of the time by taking the people mover to economy. It can be remarkably painful getting from P3 out to Sepulveda in the evening.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had a weird booking error just now. I decided to rebook a Feb reservation with this code. I was in econ, but the terminal wasn't much more.

You have to cancel before you can rebook, so I did that, and then booked again, and the price went up about $20 - meaning I probably would have kept econ for that much more. But then I couldn't get my old econ pricing back. So I took the terminal anyway.

Then my receipt came with the right price i had seen earlier.

Keep your eye on these prices and make sure they match your receipt and charge!
Old Dec 16, 2022, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by josephstern
Had a weird booking error just now. I decided to rebook a Feb reservation with this code. I was in econ, but the terminal wasn't much more.

You have to cancel before you can rebook, so I did that, and then booked again, and the price went up about $20 - meaning I probably would have kept econ for that much more. But then I couldn't get my old econ pricing back. So I took the terminal anyway.

Then my receipt came with the right price i had seen earlier.

Keep your eye on these prices and make sure they match your receipt and charge!
I put a second vehicle in my account with a dummy license plate to use for re-pricing bookings for exactly that reason. I keep my original, rebook with the dummy plate, and once it's done cancel the original and change the new booking to the plate of the car I'm going to drive in with. Changing vehicles in a booking doesn't require a cancel/re-reserve.
josephstern and DELee like this.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by chrisl137
I'd guess that people are starting to use the economy lot more so they're discounting it less. Once the people mover starts running it will be faster to get out of the airport a lot of the time by taking the people mover to economy. It can be remarkably painful getting from P3 out to Sepulveda in the evening.
How is it these days taking the shuttle to the econ lot? Our flight is 12/24 and we have the econ lot reserved. This will be my first time in the new lot so not sure what to expect, particularly on Xmas eve.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CaliTravelbug
How is it these days taking the shuttle to the econ lot? Our flight is 12/24 and we have the econ lot reserved. This will be my first time in the new lot so not sure what to expect, particularly on Xmas eve.
I've only done it once now, but it was really fine. We just had carry-on luggage and we weren't in any real hurry. I don't have the econ lot mapped in my head yet; after I park there a few more times it should make more sense.

Both in and out, the shuttles came reasonably soon. No complaints there. I heard there was a web page showing real-time shuttle locations but I couldn't find it before a shuttle pulled up to the terminal.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
I've only done it once now, but it was really fine. We just had carry-on luggage and we weren't in any real hurry. I don't have the econ lot mapped in my head yet; after I park there a few more times it should make more sense.

Both in and out, the shuttles came reasonably soon. No complaints there. I heard there was a web page showing real-time shuttle locations but I couldn't find it before a shuttle pulled up to the terminal.
this is helpful; thank you. I remember seeing flyertalk posts about how unreliable the shuttles were when they were trying to iron things out when they first opened. Good to know they’ve worked things out since then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.