Reload this Page >

T6 Renovations Update

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T6 Renovations Update

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2016, 3:58 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: oneword Emerald
T6 Renovations Update

Los Angeles Business Journal:
Renovated LAX Terminal Debuts with $70.5 Million of Improvements

<snip>

Los Angeles World Airports, Westfield Corporation, and other operating partners funneled $70.5 million into the upgrades, which include 22,299 square feet of restaurants, shopping, and common areas, and feature local companies such as Golden Road brewery’s Point the Way Café. Newsstands are also branded with the names of L.A. institutions, including the Los Angeles Magazine News and Sunset News.

<snip>

The walk through Terminal 6 is “intended to recreate the drive from downtown to the beach,” and includes a Sunset Strip zone packed with upscale retail options meant to embody the energy of West Hollywood, the release states. Shopping options will include technology and electronics brand, Belkin, MAC Cosmetics and luggage company, TUMI.

SSP America, a company that provides food services at airports throughout the country, will be operating the new Peet’s Coffee & Tea and a Top Chef-fronted pizzeria, Osteria by Fabio Viviani.

<snip>
Old Oct 22, 2016, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Can somebody educate me as to why luggage companies even operate shops at airports? This has always been a head-scratcher to me.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 6:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
Can somebody educate me as to why luggage companies even operate shops at airports? This has always been a head-scratcher to me.
IMO

1. Marketing -- They get brand awareness against a 100% target audience of travelers and the ability for prospects to learn more about their products, see, touch, try.

2. Replacements - need a new rollerboard, etc - hadn't had time to get one
Old Oct 22, 2016, 7:07 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note: Please let's get back on topic, that is LAX Terminals Renovations

Originally Posted by elitetraveler
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
IMO

1. Marketing -- They get brand awareness against a 100% target audience of travelers and the ability for prospects to learn more about their products, see, touch, try.

2. Replacements - need a new rollerboard, etc - hadn't had time to get one
This discussion has nothing to do with Los Angeles or the recent LAX renovations, which are the subject of this thread, and is a better fit for the TravelBuzz forum.

Thank you,

TWA884
Old Oct 23, 2016, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
There's also a Wahoo Fish Tacos in the rotunda.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
The walk through Terminal 6 is “intended to recreate the drive from downtown to the beach"

So it will take two hours to get from check in to the gate on a Friday afternoon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.