Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

Print boarding pass at LAX gate for Qantas flight

Old Oct 6, 16, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Since you can walk through security from terminal 4 to TBIT so I would like to have a question:

I redeemed points for flight from Austin to Sydney. The domestic flight is with AA and we will arrive at terminal 4 but we need the boarding pass from Qantas from LAX to Sydney and they need to scan our passport so the question is can we get boarding pass at the gate or we have to get out and check in again?
Old Oct 6, 16, 1:11 pm
Moderator Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Honors Diamond
Travel News is for linking to and discussing "general travel news stories."

I'm going to move your thread to the LAX forum; the moderators and members there may have a better idea whether that's the best place to get your question answered or whether the Qantas or AA forums are.

cblaisd
Moderator, Travel News
Old Oct 6, 16, 2:08 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by hoang53 View Post
Since you can walk through security from terminal 4 to TBIT so I would like to have a question:

I redeemed points for flight from Austin to Sydney. The domestic flight is with AA and we will arrive at terminal 4 but we need the boarding pass from Qantas from LAX to Sydney and they need to scan our passport so the question is can we get boarding pass at the gate or we have to get out and check in again?
One or separate tickets/PNR's? If it is one, you can receive your Qantas boarding pass from AA in Austin.
Old Oct 6, 16, 2:18 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Your question has already been answered in the American Airlines forum last week:
Originally Posted by jridge View Post
Originally Posted by hoang53 View Post
Another question if it is single ticket will AA check luggage all the way to Sydney even the flight from LAX to Sydney with Qantas? How about boarding pass since if AA do not issue boarding pass I have to go out and recheck again.
If a single ticket your luggage will be checked through and you'll receive a boarding pass. Even if you did not get a boarding pass, you could get one at the gate.

Search this Thread