Wiki Posts
Search

LAWA working on new traffic plan for the ring road

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2016, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
LAWA working on new traffic plan for the ring road

According to the project status report from April 2016 (latest available online), LAWA has a project in the planning stage to implement mode separation and do away with the ridiculous double circulation of rental car and hotel shuttle buses.

The brief description on page 30 of the report says the plan is to have rental car shuttle do pick up AND drop off at upper level, and hotel shuttles to do the same only at the lower level.

This is a fantastic idea and I have pointed out many times here that LAWA can reduce traffic by 50% with just a simple change like this. The current double circulation system where shuttle buses make 2 circles every time they enter the ring road is grossly inefficient use of the roadway.

Let's hope this project gets fast tracked!

http://www.lawa.org/uploadedFiles/LA...04)(Final).pdf
Old Jul 25, 2016, 8:37 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by bzcat
According to the project status report from April 2016 (latest available online), LAWA has a project in the planning stage to implement mode separation and do away with the ridiculous double circulation of rental car and hotel shuttle buses.

The brief description on page 30 of the report says the plan is to have rental car shuttle do pick up AND drop off at upper level, and hotel shuttles to do the same only at the lower level.

This is a fantastic idea and I have pointed out many times here that LAWA can reduce traffic by 50% with just a simple change like this. The current double circulation system where shuttle buses make 2 circles every time they enter the ring road is grossly inefficient use of the roadway.

Let's hope this project gets fast tracked!

http://www.lawa.org/uploadedFiles/LA...04)(Final).pdf
Sounds promising. Eliminating buses from the lower level will make waiting there significantly less horrible.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
A much needed change that should have been obvious years ago. Hopefully the new signage for this system (if it passes) won't be as woefully poor as the rideshare ones.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.