FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-angeles-507/)
-   -   Prepaid Sim Card - LAX (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-angeles/1757108-prepaid-sim-card-lax.html)

Mlee888 Apr 3, 2016 2:04 am

Prepaid Sim Card - LAX

Hi All,

I'm sorry if this has been asked before (no doubt it has), I wanted to ask if anyone has ever purchased a prepaid data sim at LAX upon arrival.

I've researched online and there's so many mixed reviews or robot posts about which Sim to purchase and have send to wherever it is I'm staying. However these same companies are known to not send items on time too.

I would like to be able to go to a store and purchase as soon as I arrive. Is there anywhere for this? If not then where will be the nearest place from the car hire places to purchase prepaid sims?

Thanks for the help.

newmarket Apr 3, 2016 4:02 am

Fry's Electronics at the corner or Sepulveda and Rosecrans or Best Buy at El Segundo Plaza are probably the easiest to find and find a place to park if you have a hire car.

TWA884 Apr 3, 2016 8:41 am

There is an AT&T store immediately north of the airport at 8949 South Sepulveda Blvd. A T-Mobile store is located a bit farther from the car rental facilities to the south of the airport at 309B N Sepulveda Blvd, El Segundo. There is another T-Mobile store at the Westfield Culver City mall which is a couple miles north of the airport at 6000 Sepulveda Blvd.

Personally, I would not go to Fry's to buy a SIM card, especially, if I just got off a long haul flight; it's just too hectic and their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

Mlee888 Apr 3, 2016 11:11 am

Thanks for replying guys.

The ATT closest location to airport, is it safe in the area as in to park car outside with 4-5 suitcases left in the car?

Time will be about 7pm.

TWA884 Apr 3, 2016 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Mlee888 (Post 26429763)
Thanks for replying guys.

The ATT closest location to airport, is it safe in the area as in to park car outside with 4-5 suitcases left in the car?

Time will be about 7pm.

It's a very safe location. It's on a major thoroughfare and adjacent to a shopping center with a supermarket, drug store, a Starbucks and a bank, and a block north of the In-N-Out that is often discussed in this forum.

Keep in mind that it is never a good idea to leave luggage in open view in an an unattended car.

TWA884 Apr 3, 2016 2:48 pm

P.S. Here is a link to an aerial view of the location. The parking structure across Westchester Parkway is The Parking Spot. The airport is at the upper left corner of the image (when you collapse the side panel).

Mlee888 Apr 4, 2016 12:10 am

Originally Posted by TWA884 (Post 26430638)
It's a very safe location. It's on a major thoroughfare and adjacent to a shopping center with a supermarket, drug store, a Starbucks and a bank, and a block north of the In-N-Out that is often discussed in this forum.

Keep in mind that it is never a good idea to leave luggage in open view in an an unattended car.

Thanks, will send my friend in with my phone to get the SIM.

The link you shared shows it's very close by. Will pick up car then go there before I head to SD. :) ^

Mlee888 Jun 6, 2016 4:39 pm

Perfect guys!

Thanks for responses here. I went to the mentioned store after arrival and picked up SIMS for our group.