Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

2014 Consolidated LAX Connecting / Connection / Connections thread

2014 Consolidated LAX Connecting / Connection / Connections thread

Old Apr 2, 2014, 9:20 am
Suspended

Just realized there is a timetable change in June 10 and connection only starts then.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 1:26 pm

SW382 HOU-LAX reaches LAX at 9:00 PM
TN7 LAX-PPT departs LAX at 11:59 PM

Is that enough time for me to making my connecting flight? My wife and I plan to walk from T1 to T8. Please advise, responses are appreciated.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by USAJags21

Is that enough time for me to making my connecting flight? My wife and I plan to walk from T1 to T8. Please advise, responses are appreciated.
What about the flight(s) below? Do you all think 2:35 is enough time to make the connecting flight?

TN102 PPT-LAX reaches LAX at 11:00am
SW2593 LAX-HOU departs LAX at 1:35pm
Old Apr 10, 2014, 2:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP, PriorityPass, Global Entry

Assuming the SW flight is reasonably on-time, that should be plenty of time. Note that TN operates from the Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT), not T8.
What about the flight(s) below? Do you all think 2:35 is enough time to make the connecting flight?

TN102 PPT-LAX reaches LAX at 11:00am
SW2593 LAX-HOU departs LAX at 1:35pm
Considering that they would be separate tickets, only 2:35 would be pushing it. If you have Global Entry (or SENTRI or NEXUS) you would likely be fine, but without one of those it would probably be a very bad idea to try that.

Note that if you do book it, if on a Anytime fare (or you upgrade to that), you can try to catch a later flight, but I wouldn't recommend relying on making that connection.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by meballard
Assuming the SW flight is reasonably on-time, that should be plenty of time. Note that TN operates from the Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT), not T8.Considering that they would be separate tickets, only 2:35 would be pushing it. If you have Global Entry (or SENTRI or NEXUS) you would likely be fine, but without one of those it would probably be a very bad idea to try that.

Note that if you do book it, if on a Anytime fare (or you upgrade to that), you can try to catch a later flight, but I wouldn't recommend relying on making that connection.
Meballard, thanks for your quick response. Both my wife and I have Global Entry and we are not checking any bags. Will this improve our chances of making the connection or should I just 'play it safe' and opt for a later flight? Thanks in advance for your prompt response.

Last edited by USAJags21; Apr 10, 2014 at 4:09 pm Reason: typo
Old Apr 10, 2014, 4:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP, PriorityPass, Global Entry
Meballard, thanks for your quick response. Both my wife and I have Global Entry and we are not checking any bags. Will this improve our chances of making the connection or should I just 'play it safe' and opt for a later flight? Thanks in advance for your prompt response.
With no checked bags and Global Entry, assuming the flight is reasonably on-time, that is probably a fairly safe connection.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by meballard
With no checked bags and Global Entry, assuming the flight is reasonably on-time, that is probably a fairly safe connection.
Thank you!
Old Apr 10, 2014, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA & DL Gold
Thank you!
Since you have GE and no bags, this is enough time. Even if you didn't have GE, you'd probably have enough time (not by much.)
Old Apr 12, 2014, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat, FI Silver, DL alumnus
I've got a potential AA(operated by US)-AS connection coming up. Haven't been in LAX since US switched terminals last month, so I'm curious to know if there's an airside shuttle connecting T3-T6.

If not, for a fit traveler/no checked bag/minimal carry-on/mid-afternoon departure on AS, would 50 mins be long enough to do the landside walk across the parking garage and reclear security in T6?
Old Apr 12, 2014, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA & DL Gold
Originally Posted by mAAine_flyer
I've got a potential AA(operated by US)-AS connection coming up. Haven't been in LAX since US switched terminals last month, so I'm curious to know if there's an airside shuttle connecting T3-T6.

If not, for a fit traveler/no checked bag/minimal carry-on/mid-afternoon departure on AS, would 50 mins be long enough to do the landside walk across the parking garage and reclear security in T6?
Not sure about an airside bus, hopefully someone else can chime in there. But -- it will be awfully close time wise if you have to walk it. The fastest way is to walk down to "East Way" between T1/T2 (arrivals level) and walk across next to the parking garages. That will probably take about 20 minutes. Then you have to reclear TSA (pre-check will help...).
Old Apr 12, 2014, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by mAAine_flyer

When AS was in T3, there was a shuttle from T3, but I don't know what happened to that after AS moved out.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
There is a new T3-T4 shuttle for AA/US connections.

Also the T4-AeAgle shuttle has T6 stops for AA/AS connections.

Both are airside.

In all seriousness, I'd just go landside and use any of the LAWA buses as they all go from T3 to T6. (not the same for T6 to T3)
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:33 am

Programs: AA Plat, FI Silver, DL alumnus
Helpful comments, thanks. Sounds like airside is the way to go. I'm perfectly comfortable getting myself quickly from T3 to T6, but I have no idea what the security theater situation is like at T6 on a Monday mid-afternoon. That might be the deciding factor for a 50 min connection, even with TSA pre.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 11:27 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
I'm trying to convince my mother in law to join us in HNL, which means she must fly alone HNL-LAX-YUL, UA+AC. She is relatively terrified of solo travel. Couple of questions:

1) Is there an airside connection T7->T2, or will she have to exit and re-clear security?
2) Bags checked in HNL will automatically transfer to AC, no need to pick up and re-drop off on belt since domestic -> international, right?
3) Am I crazy to tell her to transit LAX alone, and should I look for a better flight?
Old Apr 23, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
I'm trying to convince my mother in law to join us in HNL, which means she must fly alone HNL-LAX-YUL, UA+AC. She is relatively terrified of solo travel. Couple of questions:

1) Is there an airside connection T7->T2, or will she have to exit and re-clear security?
2) Bags checked in HNL will automatically transfer to AC, no need to pick up and re-drop off on belt since domestic -> international, right?
3) Am I crazy to tell her to transit LAX alone, and should I look for a better flight?
1. No airside connection. Must take shuttle or walk from T7 to T2 and re-enter security
2. Bags should be screened for international departure @ HNL so will be transferred automatically @ LAX. No need to pickup... however, make sure it is tagged correctly.
3. If she is uncomfortable traveling alone, LAX is not a good airport for her because the COMPLETE lack of signage and confusing transfer for novice travelers. I think SFO would be easier for her as there is air side connection.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.