Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

LAX - non-car transportation to hotel near Disneyland

Old Dec 20, 15, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold, Fairmont President Club Platinum

My wife and my 19 yr old daughter and 14 yr old niece will arrive at LAX from Canada next week Monday. They are booked to stay at an Embassy Suites Hotel north of Disneyland, for a few days - the only thing they will do is to go to Disneyland. So they do not wish to rent a car.

What are the best transportation options (shuttle or otherwise) to Anaheim?

Note- a few days later, they will then leave town from the John Wayne Santa Anna airport.
Old Dec 20, 15, 6:41 pm

Uber or Lyft is a good and fairly economical option for 3 travelers.
Old Dec 20, 15, 10:09 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10 View Post
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII View Post
My wife and my 19 yr old daughter and 14 yr old niece will arrive at LAX from Canada next week Monday. They are booked to stay at an Embassy Suites Hotel north of Disneyland, for a few days - the only thing they will do is to go to Disneyland. So they do not wish to rent a car.

What are the best transportation options (shuttle or otherwise) to Anaheim?

Note- a few days later, they will then leave town from the John Wayne Santa Anna airport.
Uber or Lyft is a good and fairly economical option for 3 travelers.
Uber and Lyft have yet to receive permits to pick up passengers at LAX. Taking either service will involve taking a shuttle to get off airport property (including the cell phone waiting lots).

Disneyland has the following page on their website:
Public Transportation from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) to the Disneyland Resort
Their top listing is Disneyland Resort Express. It runs hourly. The fare is $30 one way for adults ($48 r/t). Children under 11 ride free (one child per paying adult, additional children are $22/$36).

The schedule and additional information available here (PDF).
Old Dec 21, 15, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Super Shuttle is equally valid option, they generally have vans made up of entirely DKL bound guests.
Old Dec 25, 15, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lyft is now an option and I will choose it over Supershuttle:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-a...2-23-15-a.html
Old Dec 26, 15, 9:19 am

The cheapest option is going to be a shared shuttle van. Instead of Super Shuttle which is really slow, check out Early Bird Shuttles. I'm local and I use them all the time. They're very reliable and it's cheaper for 4 people than Super Shuttle. It's also going to be cheaper than the Disneyland Shuttle.

A taxi from LAX to North County is going to cost you around $90-$100 excluding the tip. I wouldn't recommend it.

From the hotel to SNA, I would recommend Lyft. That's going to be your cheapest option there.
Old Dec 26, 15, 8:14 pm

Programs: WN A-List
Originally Posted by FrugalFlier View Post
The cheapest option is going to be a shared shuttle van. Instead of Super Shuttle which is really slow, check out Early Bird Shuttles.
The fare estimator puts Lyft at $45 from LAX to Disneyland. I really doubt any shuttle service is cheaper than Lyft for three people. Not to mention Lyft will be much quicker than a shuttle now that they are allowed to pickup at the terminal (on the departure level.)
Old Dec 27, 15, 10:28 am

Oops sorry. For some reason I though Lyft will begin picking up passengers at LAX after OP arrives so I didn't consider that as an option...

Search this Thread