Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

Los Angeles International - LAX West Remote Aircraft Gates - not pleasant

Old Sep 29, 15, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Marriott Ambassador

Arrived at LAX last Saturday ~0800 on AA5931 from IAH. E75 operated by Compass as American Eagle. Pilot announced we would be parking at a remote stand then use a bus to get to 44 gates. We landed 25L as usual and taxied to Eagles Nest. Then the pilot made a u-turn and headed west. I thought perhaps we were going to T4, which would be unusual, but we kept going past TBIT, past the maintenance hangars to remote spot 214 at the far west end of the airport. Pilot said this was his first time parking there in a year of flying and apologized for the long taxi route and u-turn. He thought the remote spot was near gates 44. It took 10 minutes to get the jet bridge positioned so we could deplane then another 20-25 to load 2 buses and head for the terminals. Both buses went to T4 first. I arrived at gates 44 one hour after we parked at the remote stand. Luckily my connection was delayed 30 minutes otherwise I would have missed it. Hopefully AA will keep the use of west remote parking to a minimum. It was not a smooth operation and did not provide a good passenger experience. I knew my connection was delayed so I didn't care how slow things were progressing but many passengers were not happy. There were also 2 wheelchair passengers that were crammed into but #2 at the last minute.
Old Sep 29, 15, 10:35 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Not specific airline related, moved to destination forum. /Moderator
Old Sep 29, 15, 11:18 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
AA Express ops at LAX are awful. I've never parked that far away but agree with you, i'd be all sorts of

Search this Thread