Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

Place to get perspective pics with Hollywood sign

Old Jul 30, 15, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Balan's Frequent Eater, Trying to convince my local to offer a reward program

A search didn't result in info as specific as I'm looking for. Hope I haven't missed anything.

As the entrance to Hades in a favourite book series, we'd like to take some pics with my kids looking like giants against the Hollywood sign. I haven't been there in more than 20 years so I expect all the places from which I once viewed the sign have changed. We'll obviously need to park somewhere to do this, paid parking is ok but we'll need fairly short walking distances as I have a mild disability and no US handicapped permit.

Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks.
Old Jul 30, 15, 10:12 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Visitors parking for the Hollywood sign a contentious issue for area residents. Read this article:
Battle over access to Hollywood sign heads to court
Old Jul 30, 15, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Balan's Frequent Eater, Trying to convince my local to offer a reward program
Thanks. We'll be careful not to offend. I was hoping there was a good spot without being too intrusive.
Old Jul 30, 15, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Top of the Grove parking garage.
Old Jul 31, 15, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all. For any others interested, I also got some advice from a friend to go to the third floor of the mall on Hollywood and Vine. Didn't end up with the photos I wanted but didn't upset any neighbours either, so there's that.
Old Mar 29, 18, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by Arsey00 View Post
Thanks all. For any others interested, I also got some advice from a friend to go to the third floor of the mall on Hollywood and Vine. Didn't end up with the photos I wanted but didn't upset any neighbours either, so there's that.
I think I read about that. Is that the Hollywood and Highland mall?

Search this Thread