Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Parking Lots in Hotels in LA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Parking Lots in Hotels in LA

Hi, as i started in the other Forum, i will be having my Honey Moon in California, starting from SF then renting a car and driving to LA through Highway 1 Then stay at LA for 7 days then driving to Las Vegas and stay for another 4 days then back home!

for LA i was wondering, 4 stars hotels such as Hilton in Universal, do they have free parking? they are not mentioning it in their website.

my brother who went to the US few years ago, he told me since i will be having a car i'd rather stay somewhere outside universal area (LAX Hilton)? but i dont wanna stay in a dead place, i want to wake-up in the morning and walk around in a full of life place.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by jdmlove
for LA i was wondering, 4 stars hotels such as Hilton in Universal, do they have free parking? they are not mentioning it in their website.
Not sure what other hotels you are considering, but the Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City does charge for parking. The cost is listed in the Hotel Information box on the right side of their home page:

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/cal...CHF/index.html

Self-parking: $24
Valet-parking: $28

Important: There is a note that says the hotel is under renovation.

Parking rates for Hilton brands are also listed in the "Rate Details" pop-up window on every rate on the Hilton website.

As a general rule, most hotels in the touristy areas of LA will charge for parking.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 5:09 am
Original Poster

oh!! 24 USD per day!! that too-much i guess, better to find a hotel with complimentary parking.

are there any parkings outside the hotel ( hilton universal!!)

Last edited by jdmlove; Jul 29, 2015 at 5:17 am
Old Jul 29, 2015, 8:24 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Here is a list of hotels close to Universal City. Except for the Hilton and Sheraton, they all offer free parking, however, they are not quite as convenient as the Hilton and Sheraton for visiting the studio tour or CityWalk.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus
i dont wanna stay in a dead place, i want to wake-up in the morning and walk around in a full of life place.
While you're researching LA hotels, you should look carefully at their locations. Use Google Streetview to try virtually walking around their neighborhoods. Some parts of LA are friendly to pedestrians, while in some areas the only reasonable way to get anywhere is to start in your car. If you want to wake up in the morning and walk around, it won't be much fun to drive to the place you walk around in.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TWA884
Here is a list of hotels close to Universal City. Except for the Hilton and Sheraton, they all offer free parking, however, they are not quite as convenient as the Hilton and Sheraton for visiting the studio tour or CityWalk.
thanx i already saw this list.

some of the hotels i couldnt find in Booking . com or Expedia!
Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ajGoes
While you're researching LA hotels, you should look carefully at their locations. Use Google Streetview to try virtually walking around their neighborhoods. Some parts of LA are friendly to pedestrians, while in some areas the only reasonable way to get anywhere is to start in your car. If you want to wake up in the morning and walk around, it won't be much fun to drive to the place you walk around in.
which areas are good to walk around?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Street view is a good suggestion. Some streets just don't work for pedestrians.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Bumping the thread again.. i decided on the dates i will be in LA..
4 to 12 March..

Still struggling to find a 4 star hotel with a good deal.

i have a car. i dont mind staying somewhere little far from the City Center.

but the wife insist that we stay somewhere active. not an isolated hotel.

i thought of hotel near LAX coz prices are reasonable. also west wood?

any suggestions areas to stay in? note that we are not clubbers & we dont drink.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You are going to be in LA 7 days, correct? What tos you plan to do in those 7 days?
Old Sep 15, 2015, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
You are going to be in LA 7 days, correct? What tos you plan to do in those 7 days?
its my first time there.. so am planing to do the following:

Visit universal
Visit downtown LA
Disney Land
Drive in Mulholland road
Drive in Angeles Crest
The Huntington library
Walk of fame.. hollywood etc..
Theaters...
Old Sep 15, 2015, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have you looked at a map? LAX is nowhere near any of these things. I think you are putting free parking as too high of a priority and under-estimating the distance between these attractions.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 3:48 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
its my first time there.. so am planing to do the following:

Visit universal
Visit downtown LA
Disney Land
Drive in Mulholland road
Drive in Angeles Crest
The Huntington library
Walk of fame.. hollywood etc..
Theaters...
I strongly urge you to review the following thread:
Old Sep 15, 2015, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA *Alliance
You will generally not find free parking at any hotels in the LA area.

OP, consider Old Pasadena area, good area to walk around in, can catch the subway to downtown LA and to Universal (will involve a transfer). Also an easy ride down to South Pasadena which has a nice walkable area also. In the Old Pasadena area I've never been disappointed with the Westin, may be out of your price range though. Given that you're looking at staying for 7 nights, you may want to try to find something on airbnb or vrbo.com. Somebody might have a nice condo or townhouse in a good area and that would probably include parking.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SWCPHX
You will generally not find free parking at any hotels in the LA area.

OP, consider Old Pasadena area, good area to walk around in, can catch the subway to downtown LA and to Universal (will involve a transfer). Also an easy ride down to South Pasadena which has a nice walkable area also. In the Old Pasadena area I've never been disappointed with the Westin, may be out of your price range though. Given that you're looking at staying for 7 nights, you may want to try to find something on airbnb or vrbo.com. Somebody might have a nice condo or townhouse in a good area and that would probably include parking.
yesterday night i was doing some reading about pasadena, Colorado Blvd sounded great.. hotel prices are reasonable.. i will be having a rental so i wont worry much about subway.

I thought of DusitD2 hotel and Westin as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.