Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

Parking Lots in Hotels in LA

Parking Lots in Hotels in LA

Old Jul 28, 15, 10:54 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 81
Parking Lots in Hotels in LA

Hi, as i started in the other Forum, i will be having my Honey Moon in California, starting from SF then renting a car and driving to LA through Highway 1 Then stay at LA for 7 days then driving to Las Vegas and stay for another 4 days then back home!

for LA i was wondering, 4 stars hotels such as Hilton in Universal, do they have free parking? they are not mentioning it in their website.

my brother who went to the US few years ago, he told me since i will be having a car i'd rather stay somewhere outside universal area (LAX Hilton)? but i dont wanna stay in a dead place, i want to wake-up in the morning and walk around in a full of life place.
jdmlove is offline  
Old Jul 29, 15, 3:26 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 2,291
Originally Posted by jdmlove View Post
for LA i was wondering, 4 stars hotels such as Hilton in Universal, do they have free parking? they are not mentioning it in their website.
Not sure what other hotels you are considering, but the Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City does charge for parking. The cost is listed in the Hotel Information box on the right side of their home page:

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/cal...CHF/index.html

Self-parking: $24
Valet-parking: $28

Important: There is a note that says the hotel is under renovation.

Parking rates for Hilton brands are also listed in the "Rate Details" pop-up window on every rate on the Hilton website.

As a general rule, most hotels in the touristy areas of LA will charge for parking.
writerguyfl is offline  
Old Jul 29, 15, 5:09 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 81
oh!! 24 USD per day!! that too-much i guess, better to find a hotel with complimentary parking.

are there any parkings outside the hotel ( hilton universal!!)

Last edited by jdmlove; Jul 29, 15 at 5:17 am
jdmlove is offline  
Old Jul 29, 15, 8:24 am
  #4  
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: VNY | BUR | LAX
Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Posts: 11,786
Here is a list of hotels close to Universal City. Except for the Hilton and Sheraton, they all offer free parking, however, they are not quite as convenient as the Hilton and Sheraton for visiting the studio tour or CityWalk.
Hotels near Universal Studios Hollywood and CityWalk
TWA884 is offline  
Old Jul 29, 15, 9:02 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: DAY/CMH
Programs: UA MileagePlus
Posts: 2,208
Originally Posted by jdmlove View Post
i dont wanna stay in a dead place, i want to wake-up in the morning and walk around in a full of life place.
While you're researching LA hotels, you should look carefully at their locations. Use Google Streetview to try virtually walking around their neighborhoods. Some parts of LA are friendly to pedestrians, while in some areas the only reasonable way to get anywhere is to start in your car. If you want to wake up in the morning and walk around, it won't be much fun to drive to the place you walk around in.
ajGoes is offline  
Old Jul 30, 15, 7:36 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 81
Originally Posted by TWA884 View Post
Here is a list of hotels close to Universal City. Except for the Hilton and Sheraton, they all offer free parking, however, they are not quite as convenient as the Hilton and Sheraton for visiting the studio tour or CityWalk.
Hotels near Universal Studios Hollywood and CityWalk
thanx i already saw this list.

some of the hotels i couldnt find in Booking . com or Expedia!
jdmlove is offline  
Old Jul 30, 15, 7:36 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 81
Originally Posted by ajGoes View Post
While you're researching LA hotels, you should look carefully at their locations. Use Google Streetview to try virtually walking around their neighborhoods. Some parts of LA are friendly to pedestrians, while in some areas the only reasonable way to get anywhere is to start in your car. If you want to wake up in the morning and walk around, it won't be much fun to drive to the place you walk around in.
which areas are good to walk around?
jdmlove is offline  
Old Jul 30, 15, 2:27 pm
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SNA
Posts: 16,742
Street view is a good suggestion. Some streets just don't work for pedestrians.
VickiSoCal is offline  
Old Sep 15, 15, 1:40 am
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 81
Bumping the thread again.. i decided on the dates i will be in LA..
4 to 12 March..

Still struggling to find a 4 star hotel with a good deal.

i have a car. i dont mind staying somewhere little far from the City Center.

but the wife insist that we stay somewhere active. not an isolated hotel.

i thought of hotel near LAX coz prices are reasonable. also west wood?

any suggestions areas to stay in? note that we are not clubbers & we dont drink.
jdmlove is offline  
Old Sep 15, 15, 9:38 am
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SNA
Posts: 16,742
You are going to be in LA 7 days, correct? What tos you plan to do in those 7 days?
VickiSoCal is offline  
Old Sep 15, 15, 12:39 pm
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 81
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal View Post
You are going to be in LA 7 days, correct? What tos you plan to do in those 7 days?
its my first time there.. so am planing to do the following:

Visit universal
Visit downtown LA
Disney Land
Drive in Mulholland road
Drive in Angeles Crest
The Huntington library
Walk of fame.. hollywood etc..
Theaters...
jdmlove is offline  
Old Sep 15, 15, 12:47 pm
  #12  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SNA
Posts: 16,742
Have you looked at a map? LAX is nowhere near any of these things. I think you are putting free parking as too high of a priority and under-estimating the distance between these attractions.
VickiSoCal is offline  
Old Sep 15, 15, 3:48 pm
  #13  
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: VNY | BUR | LAX
Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Posts: 11,786
Originally Posted by jdmlove View Post
its my first time there.. so am planing to do the following:

Visit universal
Visit downtown LA
Disney Land
Drive in Mulholland road
Drive in Angeles Crest
The Huntington library
Walk of fame.. hollywood etc..
Theaters...
I strongly urge you to review the following thread:
Los Angeles 101: What you must know when visiting LA
TWA884 is offline  
Old Sep 15, 15, 10:02 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PHX
Programs: UA *Alliance
Posts: 3,876
You will generally not find free parking at any hotels in the LA area.

OP, consider Old Pasadena area, good area to walk around in, can catch the subway to downtown LA and to Universal (will involve a transfer). Also an easy ride down to South Pasadena which has a nice walkable area also. In the Old Pasadena area I've never been disappointed with the Westin, may be out of your price range though. Given that you're looking at staying for 7 nights, you may want to try to find something on airbnb or vrbo.com. Somebody might have a nice condo or townhouse in a good area and that would probably include parking.
SWCPHX is offline  
Old Sep 15, 15, 11:09 pm
  #15  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 81
Originally Posted by SWCPHX View Post
You will generally not find free parking at any hotels in the LA area.

OP, consider Old Pasadena area, good area to walk around in, can catch the subway to downtown LA and to Universal (will involve a transfer). Also an easy ride down to South Pasadena which has a nice walkable area also. In the Old Pasadena area I've never been disappointed with the Westin, may be out of your price range though. Given that you're looking at staying for 7 nights, you may want to try to find something on airbnb or vrbo.com. Somebody might have a nice condo or townhouse in a good area and that would probably include parking.
yesterday night i was doing some reading about pasadena, Colorado Blvd sounded great.. hotel prices are reasonable.. i will be having a rental so i wont worry much about subway.

I thought of DusitD2 hotel and Westin as well.
jdmlove is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread