Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX survey for offsite transit center disguised as game

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RandomNobody
That's what I do when I don't take my car. I did the Gold->Red->Blue->Green->shuttle and back once.
I spent a couple years doing the commute by car to just south of LAX. I couldn't find any alternative that was nearly as fast, despite LA traffic. Work often ran til 7, and otherwise I'd do my shopping down there or go sit at the beach before heading home. When I finally stopped, the guy they coerced into replacing me started taking public transport after a while: 2 hours each way, guaranteed, though he managed to included buses to get the number of changes down. The drive is 40 minutes when there's no traffic, and it rarely took me more than 90, using all possible combinations of street types (regular freeway, express lanes, and surface streets).

Last edited by TWA884; Jul 1, 2015 at 5:00 pm Reason: Fix BB code
Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:46 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
This game is horribly confusing, not unlike the overall LAX experience.

And for the record, the best LAX experiences I've had involved the ParkOne/Park'n'Fly facility next to T1. I dare say I hope it never closes, I'm always willing to pay the premium to park there for short business trips (1-2 nights). Anything longer and I'm doing Lyft/Uber to LAX a taxi or spouse pickup on the way home.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
I hope this helps with the visual... There will be two transit centers

1. ITF West - Located on 96th street near the current City Bus Center - this people mover stop will connect to long term parking and curb side drop off. In the future, you will drive to this location to drop off people instead of going into the horseshoe. If it is up to me, this drop off location will be free to access by private cars. If you insist on driving into the horseshoe, you should be charged a toll (via FASTRAC transponder or something similar). This way, the horseshoe will be open to fast and efficient travels for long distance buses (FlyAway), shared vans, or taxi/livery.

2. ITF East - Located at 96th Street & Aviation where the Metro station is located - this people mover stop will connect to rental car, city bus, and metro rail

The central terminal area parking garages will be replaced eventually by a new central check-in facility (functions similar to the TBIT check-in hall) that will have direct connection to the gates at various terminals.

More renderings of the transit centers...

Last edited by bzcat; Jul 1, 2015 at 5:15 pm
Old Jul 1, 2015, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by chrisl137
Get out at T1 and walk across the top of the loop. They don't make it easy, but it is possible and isn't that bad if you just have a carry-on. If you have heavy luggage it can be difficult because there's elevation changes and elevators and escalators may or may not be along your path or working properly. A simple skyway across from 1 to 7 or 2 to 6, maybe with a moving sidewalk in each direction, would make it a lot easier.
+1,000,000.
Also, I got a trophy in the game/survey. Mom is so proud

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.