Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BUR to downtown LA - time required?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2015, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

BUR to downtown LA - time required?

I'm flying WN371 DEN-BUR, arriving at 1:30 pm on a Friday - is it outside the bounds of rationality to think I can be on time for a 3 pm appointment at Pershing Square Station?

I'm not renting a car. Neither Amtrak nor Metrolink have service at that time of day. The bus appears to take about an hour and a half.

So I'm assuming that I'd need to take a cab (or Uber/Lyft). Google says it's a 26 minute trip. Is it really? Are there any better options I've overlooked? I'll have only a small carry on.

Thanks for any advice.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 12:17 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
There is a free shuttle between BUR and the North Hollywood Metro station. From there, take the Red Line to the Pershing Square station.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Traffic on Friday is unpredictable. It could take 20 minutes or 2 hours to go from BUR to Downtown LA in a taxi or uber.

I would take the Metro as TWA884 suggested... The shuttle ride from BUR to North Hollywood station should take about 10 minutes. The subway ride should take about 25 minutes.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Thank you both. It's good to know about the free shuttle and that the time frame is possible.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Deleted and sending a PM
Old Jan 8, 2015, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

This is awesome info, thanks - your assumptions are good. I was going to tackle the access aspect next :-).
Old Jan 9, 2015, 10:11 am
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Katja
So I'm assuming that I'd need to take a cab (or Uber/Lyft). Google says it's a 26 minute trip. Is it really?
If you decide to take a taxi or Uber at that time of day, 26 minutes is probably best case. Due to unpredictable traffic on I-5, I would for planning purposes add twenty minutes to the estimate to cover worst case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.