Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

car rental LAX with two drivers mixed nationalities

Old Dec 27, 14, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA - Blue

I'm going to CA for work in late Feb/ early March. Family joining me (separate flight) and then we'll have a few days vacation after my meeting, so about 2 weeks in total.

My question is about car rental. The prices are astonishingly different if booking on the UK (my license) vs the US (my wife's license) site, and although usually the US site is much cheaper, quite the opposite on this occasion. However, on the UK websites, it specifically says rates are not valid if one has a US/Canadian driver's license (which I don't). However, I want to add my wife as an additional driver (and it's free in CA). Given that she does have a US license, would that somehow invalidate the rate?

thanks,

tb
Old Dec 27, 14, 11:11 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
You are more likely to get an educated answer to this question in the rental company's forum (Car Rental Programs/Partners).
Old Dec 27, 14, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by TWA884 View Post
You are more likely to get an educated answer to this question in the rental company's forum (Car Rental Programs/Partners).
Thanks, I considered this, but since not committed to a particular rental agency, thought I'd give it a shot here.

Since the best price is from Alamo/ National, may ask mods to move there...

tb
Old Dec 27, 14, 9:16 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Ex-VIP Fromins Deli Encino - 34 years grandfathered successor program status - UA Plat/HH Diamond
Alamo and National are separate forums. Probably best if you review threads on both boards, and if you still have a question, start a new query i one or the other. Multiple placements of the same question runs counter to Flyertalk protocols. Thanks

Search this Thread