Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

Sleeping / Spending Overnight Airside at LAX

Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Resources for sleeping in LAX

LINK to sleepinginairports.net for LAX. Includes airside and landside sleeping, Lounges, showers, nearby hotels, etc.

While seating is plentiful so are the armrests. This means travellers should expect to sleep on sections of carpeted floor. Many sleepers also lament the constant construction at LAX, and the frequent announcements. Noise cancelling headphones or earplugs are a must if youre hoping to catch some shuteye.

That said, there are a few benches and couches scattered throughout the terminals. In Terminal 1, there is a long bench just past security at the top of the stairs. In the Arrivals Hall of Terminal 6, there are armrest-free benches though it can be particularly bright and loud here. There are chairs in triangle configurations in Terminals 4 and 7 that are decent for a rest. Gate 148 of TBIT also has a few couches. Snag something when you see it, as options are few and far between. The terminals are very cold. Have a blanket and dress for the terminal temperatures. Explore our guide to sleeping in Los Angeles Airport or read some traveller reviews for more tips. If youre looking for uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels nearby that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.

-January 2019
Print Wikipost

Sleeping / Spending Overnight Airside at LAX

Old Feb 15, 2024, 6:47 pm

5 hours overnight layover lax

Hello,

am looking at the possibility of 5 hours overnight layover at LAX, arriving from AA transcontinental and departing on UA. 12am to 5am. Is there any place that is open and I can hang out? Perhaps a coffee and some rest?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.