Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

Sleeping / Spending Overnight Airside at LAX

Sleeping / Spending Overnight Airside at LAX

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 9, 19, 10:17 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
Resources for sleeping in LAX

LINK to sleepinginairports.net for LAX. Includes airside and landside sleeping, Lounges, showers, nearby hotels, etc.

While seating is plentiful – so are the armrests. This means travellers should expect to sleep on sections of carpeted floor. Many sleepers also lament the constant construction at LAX, and the frequent announcements. Noise cancelling headphones or earplugs are a must if you’re hoping to catch some shuteye.

That said, there are a few benches and couches scattered throughout the terminals. In Terminal 1, there is a long bench just past security at the top of the stairs. In the Arrivals Hall of Terminal 6, there are armrest-free benches – though it can be particularly bright and loud here. There are chairs in triangle configurations in Terminals 4 and 7 that are decent for a rest. Gate 148 of TBIT also has a few couches. Snag something when you see it, as options are few and far between. The terminals are very cold. Have a blanket and dress for the terminal temperatures. Explore our guide to sleeping in Los Angeles Airport or read some traveller reviews for more tips. If you’re looking for uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels nearby that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.

-January 2019
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 14, 18, 10:34 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
A lot of employees sleep in the hallway between T6 and T7 post security. it's a long hallway where the electric carts are stored, very flat, and little foot traffic. If not this, then couches at TBIT, but expect more lights and foot traffic there.
Old Aug 14, 18, 10:34 am

Programs: UA 1K,AA Plat, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Starbucks Gold
TBIT walkway is always open, there's nothing to close off. I'd head over there, try and stay up until 1am to help passing out. From 1am-430am, nothing comes to mind immediately, just that I expect LAX to be fairly quiet. The TBIT connector would be very quiet, but there's nothing to sit or lay on. I think the AA gates have recliner chairs, right between the TBIT connector and the T6/7/8 connector tunnel.
Old Aug 14, 18, 10:37 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
*A lounge (re)opens at 7 am in TBIT. The breakfast there will be better than the UC. Plus you can take a shower, pre-flight.
Old Aug 14, 18, 11:01 am
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: UA Gold 1.8MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
some resources

https://www.sleepinginairports.net/usa/losangeles.htm

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-...g-airport.html

The consolidated "What to do on a layover at LAX" thread
Old Aug 14, 18, 6:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, UA 1K 1MM, IC PLAT AMB, HH Diamond, AVIS Pres, Hertz President's Circle
Don't know if anyone still gets an alert about a new post on my thread. In any case my sincere thanks to all who
replied.I am much better informed and know now what to do. Great community, thanks.
Old Aug 14, 18, 7:20 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Exleftseat View Post
Mods, please move if this is the wrong forum.

I am arriving with UA from IAH at LAX 10:59 p.m. and continue at 8:45 a.m. to HNL. Lounges are closed at night of course and I
don't feel like staying at an airport hotel. Does anyone have any suggestions where the most comfortable spot would be to hang
out for four/five hours before the UA lounge opens at 4:30 a.m.? I will be airside. Not sure if the walkways to TBIT are open during
the night. *A lounge closes at 1 a.m.

Thanks.
How about a SDC onto the 5:30 AM IAH-LAX? Gives you an hour at worst on the turn and likely closer to 2 hours in boarding for the 8:45 AM LAX-HNL Also, hotels closer to IAH should be cheaper than LAX - or try to find a decent rate for the IAH Marriott.

David
Old Sep 19, 18, 9:37 am

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
layover at LAX (overnight)

I booked this itinerary (not my best decision) that will require about some hours overnight in LAX. Are there places in the airport to overnight? We have about 7 total hours (time between flights is about 11 hours but landing, departing a/p, arriving a couple hours early, wake up, shower, etc, etc). What's your best tip? Is hotel the only option? Anything decent is ~$150-175 which isn't the end of the world but it defeats the purpose of this dumb itinerary. we overnighted in YVR once and that was miserable and only 9 hours.
I found plenty of hotels but wondering if the airport itself has sleep lounges, etc.
Old Sep 20, 18, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, UA, IHG Plat
No sleep lounge at LAX. You can try sleep in terminals as many people have posted in this thread. But personally I will prefer a hotel room.
Old Sep 20, 18, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bzcat View Post
No sleep lounge at LAX. You can try sleep in terminals as many people have posted in this thread. But personally I will prefer a hotel room.
​​​​​​Thank you-exactly what I was asking. The wife won't go for another overnight so hotel it is.
Old Sep 20, 18, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by Whodunit68 View Post
​​​​​​Thank you-exactly what I was asking. The wife won't go for another overnight so hotel it is.
cheaper Airbnb room? Would that be an option?
Old Sep 20, 18, 9:18 pm

Absolutely, thank you.