LA TAP cards question

Old Aug 6, 14, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IC, WN, Hyatt, Avis
LA TAP cards question

Hi,

We were thinking about loading a day pass on our TAP card to travel around the city. I've been looking around on the net but can't seem to find if the $5 daily TAP pass would be valid on the Santa Clarita transit too or if we need to pay a supplement. We're looking to take the bus to Magic Mountain.

B.
Old Aug 6, 14, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Looks to me as though the Metro Day Pass is good just for 'local' travel. Honestly, I'm surprised and impressed that both systems (and others!) utilize the same TAP technology.
Old Aug 6, 14, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IC, WN, Hyatt, Avis
Thanks iapetus - so I guess the EZ transit pass..

What is an EZ transit pass?

The EZ transit pass is a monthly pass good for local travel on 24 different public transit carriers throughout the Greater Los Angeles region.

does not have a "day version" called Metro Day Pass

You can ride all day at a new low price: the Metro Day Pass has been reduced to $5

B.
Old Aug 7, 14, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
TAP Card day pass (any pass... day, week, month) only works on Metro bus and rail. But TAP card with stored value works on Santa Carita Transit (and other agencies that accept TAP).

EZ Pass is just a sticker on the TAP card that lets you ride everything on the county. Note the sticker on the card in the image below - that's EZ Pass.

Last edited by bzcat; Aug 7, 14 at 12:54 pm
Old Aug 13, 14, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by zutalors View Post
Thanks iapetus - so I guess the EZ transit pass..

What is an EZ transit pass?

The EZ transit pass is a monthly pass good for local travel on 24 different public transit carriers throughout the Greater Los Angeles region.

does not have a "day version" called Metro Day Pass

You can ride all day at a new low price: the Metro Day Pass has been reduced to $5

B.
Metro fares will increase on Sept 15th (Monday):

http://www.metro.net/riding/new-fares-sept/

1-Day pass will be $7
Old Sep 10, 14, 12:17 am

Programs: AGR, UA, AA
On the weekends, here's a trick to use - the Metrolink Weekend Day Pass ($10) covers ALL EZ Pass agencies (except Santa Monica Big Blue Bus and express buses with surcharges), in other words, it acts as an EZ Day Pass. You would have to pay a surcharge on the Santa Clarita to North Hollywood bus, but if you took the train to Newhall you could make your transfers for free there. http://www.santaclaritatransit.com/s...agic-mountain/

Search this Thread