Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

Postal office /FedEx near LAX (walking distance)

Old Jul 31, 14, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Hi,
I have about 6 hours layover and have searched and knew that there is no postal office in LAX, and there is a FedEX in marriott airport...
questions
a. are there any postal office within walking distance to LAX? if not, what is the cheapest way to get to the postal office?

b. If I were to take the shuttle for Marriott, can I easily take the Marriott back to the airport? do I have to show I stay at Marriott?

I will arrive at around noon, and the flight out is around 6:30 pm. Husband will stay at the airport, hence he can take care of the luggages, is it doable to go to Manhattan Beach on a Friday afternoon with 2 teenagers? I assume I will have to plan to go back to the airport at around 4:00 pm...

thanks
Old Aug 3, 14, 9:39 am

Programs: UA, HH, SPG
You do not have to stay at the Marriott in order to use their shuttle. However, you should check the hours the Fed Ex office there is open, as it may not be "usual" business hours, especially on weekends.

It is only about 5 miles from the airport to Manhattan Beach, and shouldn't take more than 15 minutes. Since the Marriott is on the way, why not take a cab and have the cab stop at the Marriott on the way to Manhattan Beach.

You didn't say if the inbound or outbound flights are international. That would certainly cut down on your available time.

Last edited by JerryFF; Aug 3, 14 at 9:46 am
Old Aug 3, 14, 3:55 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
The closest USPS location to the airport is at 9029 Airport Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90009. It is across Airport Blvd. from Hertz and across Westchester Parkway from Avis.
Old Aug 3, 14, 4:25 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Yeah, I was thinking one could catch the Hertz shuttle and walk across the street to the post office. The only rub is that the Hertz location is pretty secure with only a few places to enter/exit the lot on foot, so that may be a little challenging. All things being equal, it would likely be much easier to use the FedEx location in the Marriott and use the hotel shuttle.
Old Aug 4, 14, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
USPS is walking distance from the LAX Transportation Center on 96th Street. Take the "C" shuttle from the terminal to Transportation Center and walk: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/33.9...2d33.95323!3e2

But if you are going to Manhattan Beach (you need to take a cab), then just use the USPS at Manhattan Beach.
Old Aug 10, 14, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA, USAir, UA
Or take the Parking Spot shuttle (as if you were doing an In-and-Out run), and it's about 3/4 of a mile down Westchester, on the corner of Airport Blvd. Gives you a chance to fortify yourself with burgers on the way back.
Old Aug 11, 14, 10:14 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Hertz shuttle and walk across the street to USPS would be the best. You can walk on/off the Hertz lot through their main entrance. There's no problem at all with that. I do it all the time when I am there to pick-up or drop off a car (as a local resident). No one ever asks anything at the Hertz entrance. Lately, I haven't even seen employees in the guard shack.
Old Aug 13, 14, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
The AVIS shuttle would be better, as the lot's entrance puts you about 1/2 block from the corner, then you just cross the street.

Search this Thread