Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

Can anyone recommend a good limo/car service in LA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2014, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/GFL, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Transfers From LAX

I'm flying into LAX next week with my family and need to transfer to Buena Park, followed by a move to Beverly Hills a few days later. Can anyone advise of a good taxi/ transfer company?
Old Jun 25, 2014, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by Silk Cut
I'm flying into LAX next week with my family and need to transfer to Buena Park, followed by a move to Beverly Hills a few days later. Can anyone advise of a good taxi/ transfer company?
Uber.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I'm a big fan of ExecuCar (www.execucar.com)

I believe they are an affiliate of SuperShuttle but run direct service and it varies on level of niceness. They run minivans to limos. The nice thing is that is not a shared ride service at all. You can book it all online and AAA also gives a discount.

In most cases, it's cheaper to do hotels - since I live near several, I always walk across the street to the Marriott to pick up my ride

Last edited by OskiBear; Jun 25, 2014 at 4:48 pm
Old Jun 25, 2014, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA *Alliance
There's a resort shuttle system I believe. It's geared towards Disney Land visitors but they may have service to Buena Park.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 5:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Uber. All billed to a CC, all inclusive, no muss & no fuss.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by OskiBear
I'm a big fan of ExecuCar (www.execucar.com)

I believe they are an affiliate of SuperShuttle but run direct service and it varies on level of niceness. They run minivans to limos. The nice thing is that is not a shared ride service at all. You can book it all online and AAA also gives a discount.

In most cases, it's cheaper to do hotels - since I live near several, I always walk across the street to the Marriott to pick up my ride
Agree with this heartily. Been using them for years between south OC and LAX.

Usually very easy to find a promo code online for 5-10% off. You can also earn UA miles (and probably a couple of others).

The business class product is a great value for a family. They send a private door-to-door minivan that costs much less than any other private car service I've priced in the greater LA area, and sometimes less than even the shared rides. Every driver I've ever gotten has been excellent, too.

Enjoy your time!
Old Jul 1, 2014, 1:32 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the responses- I've booked Execucar from LAX to Buena Park for $75 in gratuities which seems pretty good for four people with five checked bags.
I'll probably use Uber for the later journey to Beverly Hills but I'm not sure if I can book in advance.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 12:06 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Thanks for all the responses- I've booked Execucar from LAX to Buena Park for $75 in gratuities which seems pretty good for four people with five checked bags.
Sounds like a very attractive price.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

The Execucar transfer was fine. I received a text after I landed and confirmed once I had passed immigration. The driver appeared 10mins after confirming where to pick up. I would recommend fully.
It looks like Uber is on-demand whereas I like to plan ahead, so the next stage is TBC.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
It looks like Uber is on-demand whereas I like to plan ahead, so the next stage is TBC.
It is on-demand, but there are so many hanging around that you're bound to find one. Also, if you're within an hour of leaving, you can request one, call the driver, and explain the situation... most are willing to wait for a long fare.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LAXative
It is on-demand, but there are so many hanging around that you're bound to find one. Also, if you're within an hour of leaving, you can request one, call the driver, and explain the situation... most are willing to wait for a long fare.
I used Uber yesterday for a crosstown trip in LA- excellent service which was cheap and quick- 20 mins from ordering and progress can be watched on the Uber app.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 8:32 pm

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold

For airport transfers, quick visits to the sights, etc. I hate renting a car and would rather just take taxis or limos.

Thanks for any replies!
Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:40 am
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
There is general consensus about Execucar:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-a...sfers-lax.html

I've used them in the past successfully, also.

Check out Yelp, also.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Many thanks for the suggestion!
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:21 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, WN A-List
For all but LAX pickup try Uber.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.