FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-angeles-507/)
-   -   Super Shuttle charged me and abandoned me (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-angeles/1493377-super-shuttle-charged-me-abandoned-me.html)

Brahmin Aug 12, 2013 8:41 am

Super Shuttle charged me and abandoned me

I had booked Super Shuttle to take me home from LAX on the 9th of August after arriving on an AA flight from JFK. My flight was delayed and I landed at around 0215.

After picking up my bag I found that there was no one at the Super Shuttle stop. I called them and they told me that they had nothing in that area and I had to make my own arrangements.

I asked to speak to a Supervisor and the agent hung up on me and did not answer the phone after I kept calling her.

Eventually I took a taxi home which cost me $ 92 plus tip.

What are my rights here? Super Shuttle charged my card.

I am sure that Super Shuttle has an agreement with the Airport for providing service and not abandoning passengers.

I did call them up again later and lodged a complaint and was told that they would get back to me.

I would like to know how to handle the call and what my rights are.

Thanks for your input.

JerryFF Aug 12, 2013 10:42 am

First, contact your credit card company and deny the charge. Tell them what happened.

When (if) Super Shuttle calls you back, tell them they owe you the cost of the taxi home. Hopefully, you have a receipt.

sss2010 Aug 12, 2013 11:18 am

I work for the company. I'm sorry for the issues with both the reservation and the employees you spoke with.

As a heads up, if you dispute the charge with your credit card company, SuperShuttle will have to work directly with the credit card company from that point forward to resolve this. This eliminates the option for us to communicate further with you to see what can be done to try to make it up to you, including reimbursing any of the costly taxi fare.

Please email your confirmation number / case number to socialmedia at supershuttle dot net and I'll get someone in contact with you ASAP.

-Shauna

rodjune Aug 31, 2013 2:13 am

You may wish to file a complaint with the LAX Airport Commission at some point during the resolve process. The website is lawa.org for more information.

satman40 Aug 31, 2013 4:28 am

Your CC will block the charge,

As for the cab ride your cost, you cold have called a friend or walked.

Things do happen, move on.

Bamaler Aug 31, 2013 9:30 pm

Work with Shauna but keep attract of the cc deadline.

PTravel Aug 31, 2013 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by satman40 (Post 21367154)

That's not the law, however. SS breached their contract. They're liable for the cost of cover which, in this case, was $92 for the taxi.

Sue 'em in small claims.

BigFlyer Aug 31, 2013 11:47 pm

Really? What is the source of your information that if a customer initiates a chargeback that the merchant may no longer communicate with the customer?

Originally Posted by sss2010 (Post 21258565)
I work for the company. I'm sorry for the issues with both the reservation and the employees you spoke with.

As a heads up, if you dispute the charge with your credit card company, SuperShuttle will have to work directly with the credit card company from that point forward to resolve this. This eliminates the option for us to communicate further with you to see what can be done to try to make it up to you, including reimbursing any of the costly taxi fare.

Please email your confirmation number / case number to socialmedia at supershuttle dot net and I'll get someone in contact with you ASAP.

-Shauna

sss2010 Sep 3, 2013 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by BigFlyer (Post 21370537)
Really? What is the source of your information that if a customer initiates a chargeback that the merchant may no longer communicate with the customer?

BigFlyer: Please allow me to clarify... If a customer reaches out to us following a chargeback, we'll communicate and be as helpful as possible, but we will otherwise defer to the credit card company to limit the possibility of duplicate refunds. From what I've seen of similar incidences in the past, we cover the cost of the cab at the very least so there's no need to resort to cancelling credit card charges or small claims court, as were both recommended here.

I posted here in the hopes OP would give us a chance to resolve in-house, to help speed things along for the OP, and to apologize in case nobody had yet done so.

Brahmin Sep 3, 2013 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by satman40 (Post 21367154)

<redacted> "Are you kidding?" demonstrates intent...

Call someone or walk 35 miles at 0230.

Brahmin Sep 3, 2013 5:50 pm

I called Super Shuttle and at first they were very hesitant to help.

I managed to speak to someone in Customer Care or some other department and they refunded me the cab fare minus the tip.

They still kept their $ 40.

I expected them to refund everything as they really screwed up. They could have at least given me a couple of coupons for future rides. Well, now my business goes to www.shuttle2lax.com who charge $ 20 for a one way ride.

I did complain to LAWA and SS did call me back, but, all words and nothing in kind.

PainCorp Sep 3, 2013 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Brahmin (Post 21384134)
<redacted>

Call someone or walk 35 miles at 0230.

I was gonna say this. It was a $92 cab fare. No way does anyone want to talk that, even if it was 2:30am!

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin Sep 4, 2013 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by PainCorp (Post 21384644)
I was gonna say this. It was a $92 cab fare. No way does anyone want to talk that, even if it was 2:30am!

Yeah. And not in LA. What neighborhoods would you have to go through in that 35-mile journey?

Loose Cannon Sep 9, 2013 2:22 am

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin (Post 21388442)
Yeah. And not in LA. What neighborhoods would you have to go through in that 35-mile journey?

Exactly

PainCorp Sep 9, 2013 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin (Post 21388442)

Come on, Compton isn't THAT bad! :D