Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX T4-T5 connector tunnel (now open)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by danville 1K
I can report this morning I walked the tunnel from T-4 to T-6, so indeed it is open.
How long was the walk please? We have a 75min transfer time (between scheduled arrival and departure times) in a couple of months T-4 to T-6 and I'm worried it's not going to be enough.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 8:30 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Chandler Bing
How long was the walk please? We have a 75min transfer time (between scheduled arrival and departure times) in a couple of months T-4 to T-6 and I'm worried it's not going to be enough.
It was a brisk 10 minute walk from gate 44 to the top of the escalators in T-6.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by danville 1K
It was a brisk 10 minute walk from gate 44 to the top of the escalators in T-6.
Excellent, thank you very much. I think we'll make it, whether our bags will is another matter!
Old Oct 27, 2014, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Excellent news.

So by late 2015, TBIT will be connected to all the south side terminal behind security. This will certainly make connecting from domestic flights to international departures (except those using T2) much easier at LAX.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
LAX T4-T5 Tunnel

Used the tunnel to visit a friend in the T4 AC this past weekend:

Very sterile looking. Hospital? Psych Ward?

Looking back towards T5:

Old Nov 5, 2014, 10:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by rwoman
Used the tunnel to visit a friend in the T4 AC this past weekend:

Very sterile looking. Hospital? Psych Ward?

With Floyd...anything is possible

Thanks for the pic- no AA posters...yet.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by beckoa
With Floyd...anything is possible

Thanks for the pic- no AA posters...yet.
Floyd breaks up the white, sterile background.

Old Nov 11, 2014, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
There were flyers in T4 at LAX the other night, but I didn't manage to make it home with one. US flights will operate from gates 60-63 now.

This will make my American<->Alaska transfer much easier, but when the reciprocal agreement is worked out, will make the Boardroom more crowded.

EDIT: It appears the agreement has been worked out, as the Admirals Club locations list now mentions the T6 boardroom as an option.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...#admirals-club

Los Angeles (LAX)Terminal 6
Los Angeles International Airport
Alaska Airlines Board Room Loung
Terminal 6 on the mezzanine level near gate 6
Alaska Airlines
Admirals Club members must present a valid membership card or (30 day membership receipt) and ticket/boarding pass for same day travel on AA, US or AS operated/marketed flights. (2 guests or immediate family permitted)

Customers traveling in premium cabin on international long-haul* or transcontinental flights** must present their ticket/boarding pass on the same day or before 6:00 a.m. the following day on AA, US or AS operated/marketed flights. (First class – 1 guest permitted) In addition:

oneworld Emerald or Sapphire customers must present proof of status (1 guest permitted).

*International long-haul flights include AA/US international flights of 5 hours or greater, except for flights between U.S and the Bahamas, Caribbean, Canada or Mexico (except Mexico City)
**Transcon flights include AA non-stop flights from LAX to JFK and from LAX to MIA.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Xero
Taxpayers pay to maintain airports. Taxpayers should never be forced to conduct in corporate welfare and give one company an unfair advantage.
Taxpayers do not pay to maintain airports. No tax dollars go to operation and maintenance of LAX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.