Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

Sequestration Affects TSA - Cutbacks and Waits at LAX?

Old Mar 11, 13, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Hi All,
Is it true that based on TSA cutbacks that we should expect more delays at LAX? I also heard that based on the cutbacks that the Cancer Machines are being removed?? I hope so as they scare me. I rather get the pat-down. I really dont mind a little extra delay if less TSA is standing around doing nothing. I am hoping that the Cancer machines are gone. Anyone know if this is true or if they are not gone but leaving soon. We fly from AA T4 at LAX and we normally just go through the metal detectors. Hoping T4 is the first to get rid of them if the rumors are true based on the cutbacks...
Thank you
Old Mar 11, 13, 4:31 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
There are two types of these new machines being used? The rapiscans being eliminated but there s a second type of scanner still being kept. Most major airports have already switched over.

As fare as the TSA cuts...it depends on how the do it. It may be minimal or it could be severe.

LAX is unique in that there are separate scanners for each of the terminals. It's inefficient in that sense. Thus staffing may not correspond with travel schedules causing some chaos.
Old Mar 11, 13, 5:04 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The thread title has been changed so this may remain in the Los Angeles Forum and not go to OMNI or Travel Safety / Security - Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate. Let's keep this a useful thread for LAX users to share / learn of any TSA reductions in force, cutbacks in overtime hours and effects on travelers.

Thank you, JDiver, senior moderator
Old Mar 14, 13, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by Bettysuethomas View Post
Hi All,
Is it true that based on TSA cutbacks that we should expect more delays at LAX? I also heard that based on the cutbacks that the Cancer Machines are being removed?? I hope so as they scare me. I rather get the pat-down. I really dont mind a little extra delay if less TSA is standing around doing nothing. I am hoping that the Cancer machines are gone. Anyone know if this is true or if they are not gone but leaving soon. We fly from AA T4 at LAX and we normally just go through the metal detectors. Hoping T4 is the first to get rid of them if the rumors are true based on the cutbacks...
Thank you
I doubt it then the usual delays depending on hour and days,I think the international terminal would be a monster comparing to the rest of the terminals.

As for those machines,I'd rather be scanned then patted down.

Search this Thread