Wiki Posts
Search

LAX drop off and hard times

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2013, 8:00 am
Original Poster

LAX drop off and hard times

Hello everyone.

I have a really stupid question about LAX.
We both lost our jobs and are traveling for a funeral back east. We normally take a shuttle from Encino to LAX. We can not afford this luxury any longer. Our neighbor has offered to take us in exchange for us doing the same for them next month. My stupid question is, can anyone drop us off or do you have to be a cab or shuttle? I heard since 911 that private cars can not drop off at LAX? We are leaving Friday from American Airlines T4 at 6AM. So we plan to arrive at 4:30.

Thank you
Betty
Old Mar 11, 2013, 8:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond
What you heard is incorrect. Anyone can drop you off.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 8:27 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Not a stupid question, just a stupid rumor

Neutron Star is correct - anyone can drop you off at LAX. You need not be in a shuttle, taxi, bus, limo, etc. No issues at LAX getting dropped off by a neighbor/friend.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 9:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Is arriving at 0430 going to give you enough time to clear security and get to the gate (plus allowing for any unexpected travel delays)?
Old Mar 11, 2013, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Supposedly, shuttles and vans without proper business and related licenses cannot drop off or pick up passengers. For example, an unmarked van unloading with passengers paying money to the driver will catch attention of law enforcement.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 2:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
That has to do with airport rules regarding who may offer services for a fee. Has nothing to do with a friend dropping you off.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 3:06 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Bettysuethomas, welcome to FlyerTalk.
For more discussion, I'll move this to the dedicated forum on Los Angeles, where questions about LAX are often discussed. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chollie
Is arriving at 0430 going to give you enough time to clear security and get to the gate (plus allowing for any unexpected travel delays)?
Thank you for your concern, and your correct our flight leaves at 7am not 6am. And I want to thank everyone that replied. People on this forum a so nice, patient, smart and seem to care about fellow travelers.

Best Wishes to all
Betty Sue Thomas
Old Mar 14, 2013, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by Bettysuethomas
Hello everyone.

I have a really stupid question about LAX.
We both lost our jobs and are traveling for a funeral back east. We normally take a shuttle from Encino to LAX. We can not afford this luxury any longer. Our neighbor has offered to take us in exchange for us doing the same for them next month. My stupid question is, can anyone drop us off or do you have to be a cab or shuttle? I heard since 911 that private cars can not drop off at LAX? We are leaving Friday from American Airlines T4 at 6AM. So we plan to arrive at 4:30.

Thank you
Betty
You should be fine Betty. No worries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.