Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

LAX hotels: Marriott vs. Westin vs. Hilton

Old Dec 5, 12, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Right now we have reservations at the Marriott, through the American Airlines Web site, for about $112 incl. tax. Wife likes the beds in Hiltons but they'd be considerably more. I thought the Westin might be a possible option, and it looked at bit further from the runways, but the reviews on Tripadvisor are mixed, with more complaitns on noise than at the Marriott or Hilton. Sheraton Gateway another possibility (we've stayed there once). Have not stayed at the Marriott. Marriott, Sheraton Gateway and Westin would all be within a few dollars cost. Any favorites, not taking miles/points into account (we wouldn't get those since booking through this third party site)? thanks.
Old Dec 5, 12, 9:30 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Not much to choose between the three IMO.

I think the Hilton rooms are the nicest and the HH lounge is good (if you qualify). Marriott rooms are small and past their 'best before' date unless they have been refurbished recently. Not the best Westin in the land by a long shot but hey, they are airport hotels; not going to be a memorable experience at any of them so pick the cheapest and carry ear plugs .
Old Dec 5, 12, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. Maybe we'll go with the Sheraton. Known quantity and cheaper than the Hilton. We've also stayed at the Radisson and Crowne Plaza, but won't choose those, especially the latter, when we'd have to pay even more. If the Hilton prices come down, we'll swtich.
Old Dec 10, 12, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
How about the Renaissance, my favorite LAX property bar none...
Old Feb 26, 13, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Ended up going with the Hilton, using points. Good choice. Beds are super comfortable, which made my wife a happy camper. We had planned at staying at the Hilton Ontario Airport (on Haven, near Ontario Mills), but that is no longer a Hilton-- now called Ontario Airport Hotel.
Old Feb 26, 13, 10:19 am

Programs: UA Silver, TrueBlue, Marriott Silver, SPG, Hertz 5*, VX Elevate, AGR
Originally Posted by SoCal View Post
Ended up going with the Hilton, using points. Good choice. Beds are super comfortable, which made my wife a happy camper. We had planned at staying at the Hilton Ontario Airport (on Haven, near Ontario Mills), but that is no longer a Hilton-- now called Ontario Airport Hotel.
Good choice .
Old Feb 28, 13, 9:54 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, HH, SPG
All 3

I have stayed at all 3 properties. Yes, the sound levels at the Westin are surprisingly high in my experience. The Hilton is fine and has covered parking.
Old Mar 14, 13, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Hilton was good. Beds super comfortable. My wife was a happy camper. Food in the bar was very good. We could see two lines of approaching planes from our window, but heard nothing. We asked for a quiet room and got it. When we needed help with the safe, a technician came to our room within a few minutes. It's not a new hotel by any means, but it worked for us. We'll return.