Search

Hotel Query - Griffith/Disney

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2012, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
Hotel Query - Griffith/Disney

Hey

Wondering if you guys could help with a hotel recommendation.

I have a car with me, but looking for a Hotel that's easy between the two. The general plan is this:

I'm driving in from Santa Barbara on the first day, so will check in, then drive to Griffith Observatory and spend the afternoon/evening there. Next day will be a full Disney Trip.

Following that checking out next morning and driving up to Vegas.

I'm bracing myself for the LA traffic if we drive from the Hotel to Disney in the early morning. I know even leaving at 7/8am we will still hit some, and whilst free parking at a hotel would be nice, I'm prepared to have to pay self-parking/valet fees.

Any good recommendation for the above?

The wife wants to see Disney, so I may drop Griffith if there is a strong case to, and perhaps get a place to stay near a beach such as Huntington for example, which could make the Vegas drive a bit easier.

Cheers
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would stay near Disney. Driving there after an evening at the Griffith won't be bad assuming you don't leave Griffith until 8 pm or so. And leaving out of Anaheim to Vegas won't bebad the mornig gafter Disney. (Beach area would be further/worse traffic than Anaheim to Vegas direct)
Old Jul 26, 2012, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Vicki - sent you a PM
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
If you're coming down from Santa Barbara, you might as well drive straight to the Observatory. Take your time there, do all that you need to do and then, after rush hour (7pm or later), drive down to the Disneyland area.

I'd recommend staying near Disney. If you are there at opening, you'll get more done in the first few hours of the day than you will if you arrived later.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 8:08 am
Original Poster

I was thinking that - we may have bags on the back seat.

Thinking might just buy a black throw/cloth thing and throw it over the bags and leave the bags there and go straight to the observatory as you said and drive later to the hotel.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 12:14 pm

Programs: FT Member # 642
I agree with going there first and staying near Disney. You can throw something over the bags but the Observatory parking is safe. I go up there several times a week to go hiking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.