Search

Trying to figure out what to do in Pasadena and other things

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2012, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by timol
Thank you, iapetus!

Staying in Pasadena for just one day, Green Street Tavern was a great choice. Three-course menus for $35, absolutely delicious. ^^^
I'm pleasantly surprised that someone took one of my recommendations ... and didn't curse my name for having done so! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wingless
I hike up in Griffith Park at least once a week. I don't know how to compare it to where you are talking about but there are some great fun hikes. When you go to LA Live go to the Los Angeles Visitors Bureau on Figueroa just a few blocks away from LA Live and pick up a Griffith Park free map.

There are short hikes (3 miles) and longer ones. Some more difficult than others. Most about 1,000 elevation gain. If you PM me I can give you more answers.

I live in near LA Live so if you have any questions about places to see around Downtown let me know too.
Thanks. I'll PM you bc I want also hike Point Mugu State Park or Runyon Canyon, but I'll PM you. 2 more weeks before I'm finally there. YES!
Old Apr 21, 2012, 10:03 am

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Playboy
Thanks buddy. After looking at all of the menus, I'm going to go with Green Street Restaurant/Cafe. The menu appears to have something for everyone.
Good call--this is where we took our moms for the "meeting of the moms" lunch before our wedding a few weeks ago. They both loved it, and are about the same age as your mother. I'd recommend trying to get a seat on the patio, I find it more pleasant (and not as noisy) as inside. I also highly recommend that you NOT get an entree size salad; luncheon-size is more than enough.

Mmm, zucchini bread....

And it's on Opentable.
Old May 1, 2012, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Everyone, thanks for your recommendations. We had a wonderful time in the LA area. The Warner Bros VIP tour was fun. Capo in Santa Monica is a good restaurant. We've loved Green Street Restaurant in Pasadena. Whomever posted the LA Times story on Joan's on Third thank you so much. I had lunch there on Thursday with my Mom and it was a great atmosphere and the food was very good. While we were there I saw Amanda Seyfried and Josh Hartnett having lunch; pretty cool. That 3rd street area seems like a fun area.

The Ray Miller hiking trail in Point Mugu Park in Malibu was a great hike but there wasn't much foot traffic as opposed to the Griffith Park trails, which were also great. The drive up PCH from Santa Monica in Malibu was beautiful.

Each area had it's own vibe. Old town Pasadena was busy on Saturday afternoon and it was neat to walk around and just hang out after having lunch. Burbank was nice and so was Hollywood. Inglewood was different but we have relatives there so we went there for a couple of hours and had dinner. I had a lot of fun on Santa Monica Beach and Venice. Venice is wacky and weird but in a good way. Downtown LA had more condos and apartments than I originally thought. We stayed at the Westin in downtown.

Our only gripe was the traffic. We knew that the traffic would be bad and we were prepared for that and I was able to navigate it pretty well with the GPS. But we weren't prepared for traffic at 11am on the 101 going into Hollywood on a Friday morning or Sat afternoon or backups on the 110 heading in from Inglewood at 11:30pm on Friday night. That was just weird.

All in all it was good trip and I definitely want to do it again. I have to say that the women are unreal. It's like they come at you in waves which is great for a single guy like myself. A single guy can get into a lot of trouble out there. ^

Thanks again everyone.

Last edited by Playboy; May 1, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.