FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-angeles-507/)
-   -   Celebrity restaurants in LA? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-angeles/1322702-celebrity-restaurants-la.html)

Jinxy Mar 8, 2012 12:28 pm

Celebrity restaurants in LA?

Would love a few suggestions for places where celebs may dine for lunch, or celebrity owned places in LA and Hollywood.

Not fussed on cost or cuisine, more the experience and something memorable.

N1120A Mar 8, 2012 12:44 pm

Spago Beverly Hills. Ivy. Madeo (crap if you ask me). AOC. Mr. Chow. Matsuhisha. Nobu Malibu. IHOP in West Hollywood after midnight-1 am (I'm not even joking).

Jinxy Mar 8, 2012 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by N1120A (Post 18161446)
Spago Beverly Hills. Ivy. Madeo (crap if you ask me). AOC. Mr. Chow. Matsuhisha. Nobu Malibu. IHOP in West Hollywood after midnight-1 am (I'm not even joking).

Considering my last thread about iHOP. LOL!!

Sone great suggestions..many thanks

marbles dad Mar 8, 2012 10:51 pm

fogo de chao in beverly hills- saw mr.t. and he was nice enough to pose for photos. vince vaughan was at another table chowing down with some buds. i had dinner next to Heather Locklear at mastro's steakhouse once upon a time. she was with friends, they ate, she didnt, - not a morsel.

dbuckho Mar 9, 2012 12:39 am

Second the Ivy and Nobu Malibu (and other Malibu places like Moonshadows). Have seen at least one celeb each time I have dined at True Food Kitchen here in Santa Monica. In general any place that has more than your average selection of vegan or raw choices has higher odds of seeing someone you might recognize.

I have a lot of work dinners and every few months have to find a new list to work from -- currently going down the LA ones on this list (not for the celebs, but the food).

obscure2k Mar 9, 2012 9:33 am

Disagree with most of the above suggestions.
These are the restaurants where I always see celebrities.
Dan Tana in West Hollywood. Sit in front room
Tavern, Brentwood
Lucques, West Hollywood
Toscana, Brentwood
Katsuya, Brentwood
Huckleberry, Santa Monica
Capo, Santa Monica
Also, supermarkets, Vicente Foods and Whole Foods in Brentwood are good for celebrity sightings.

Craig6z Mar 9, 2012 9:58 am

Originally Posted by obscure2k (Post 18167081)
Also, supermarkets, Vicente Foods and Whole Foods in Brentwood are good for celebrity sightings.

Agree that supermarkets in the right neighborhoods are usually good choices. You might try the Brentwood Country Mart complex also. Another place that has good hits later at night is Ralph's Grocery in West Hollywood.

Gelson's in the Palisades, Century City, and Encino are also options.

I would also suggest the Katsuya in Encino on the restaurant side. Even if you do not spot anyone, the food at that location is the best of the chain, and the location is not pretentious.

obscure2k Mar 9, 2012 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Craig6z (Post 18167260)
Agree that supermarkets in the right neighborhoods are usually good choices. You might try the Brentwood Country Mart complex also. Another place that has good hits later at night is Ralph's Grocery in West Hollywood.

Gelson's in the Palisades, Century City, and Encino are also options.

I would also suggest the Katsuya in Encino on the restaurant side. Even if you do not spot anyone, the food at that location is the best of the chain, and the location is not pretentious.

Exactly right about Brentwood Country Mart. Had lunch there recently at FarmShop and was seated near Reese Witherspoon. Also, Blue Plate in Santa Monica on Montana Avenue. Food isn't very good, but it doesn't matter when Patrick Dempsey is dining alone at the next table.;) Should also mention Giorgio Baldi in Santa Monica Canyon.

N1120A Mar 9, 2012 4:00 pm

There is a good chance you see Mel Gibson at Drago on Wilshire near Centinela.

obscure2k Mar 9, 2012 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by N1120A (Post 18169637)
There is a good chance you see Mel Gibson at Drago on Wilshire near Centinela.

Not a chance. Drago closed it's doors around a month ago.

bloodyeyeballs Mar 9, 2012 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by obscure2k (Post 18167081)
Disagree with most of the above suggestions.
These are the restaurants where I always see celebrities.
Dan Tana in West Hollywood. Sit in front room
Tavern, Brentwood
Lucques, West Hollywood
Toscana, Brentwood
Katsuya, Brentwood
Huckleberry, Santa Monica
Capo, Santa Monica

I figured I'd bite as well. I live in Brentwood and agree with Vicente foods and Whole Foods. I also see celebs at the Brentwood Farmer's Market on Gretna Green on Sunday mornings. As far as restaurants, I agree with the above and always seem to see a celeb at Peppone in Brentwood and The Brentwood restaurant in Brentwood.

Jinxy Mar 9, 2012 11:23 pm

Thanks for the terrific variety of replies everyone...doing some web research now

As long as I don't bump into a Kardashian..I'll be happy:D

bloodyeyeballs Mar 10, 2012 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Jinxy (Post 18171463)

As long as I don't bump into a Kardashian..I'll be happy:D

Regrettably, I have and they are larger in real life!

aamilesslave Mar 11, 2012 9:04 pm

CUT at the Beverly Wilshire. And the LAX T4 Admirals Club :).

mlshanks Mar 12, 2012 3:29 am

Cantor's Deli, especially in the Kibitz Room lounge/bar/club which is a hangout for musicians and some of the Hollywood crowd. (...of course, late night is better than lunch here...)

Musso & Frank Grill is ***old*** Hollywood, and the place serious players come to do deals in the back booths. I still remember my grandfather (a studio accountant & 2nd unit manager) taking me there in the 1970s... The waiters knew everyone's names....what they liked....and knew all the gossip.