Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX Terminal 4 getting better food options

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2015, 11:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TWA884
The Kogi truck has just been replaced by a Border Grill truck. I saw them rebranding the truck as I passed through T4 very early Thursday morning last week.
Sounds good if we will get some more non meat options. Cannot wait for airside connector to TBIT. Food there is so superior to T4.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rjlon
Sounds good if we will get some more non meat options. Cannot wait for airside connector to TBIT. Food there is so superior to T4.
Kogi had plenty of non-meat options. But Border Grill is great too so I'm not complaining. ^
Old Nov 6, 2015, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by bzcat
Kogi had plenty of non-meat options. But Border Grill is great too so I'm not complaining. ^
I have mixed feelings. I think Kogi > Border Grill, but Kogi LAX wasn't to the same level of greatness as the original Kogi trucks running around.

I may try BG once, but I'm looking forward when they switch brands again in 6-12 months time. Maybe it'll be an In-n-Out truck
Old Nov 27, 2015, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
I may try BG once, but I'm looking forward when they switch brands again in 6-12 months time. Maybe it'll be an In-n-Out truck
Not sure why people are so obsessed with In-n-Out, but maybe it's non-Californians who view it as a special treat? I mean, they were the best burger chain for decades, because their stuff was fresh while others' was frozen, but this century has seen so many burger places with organic, grass-fed, bison, etc. that I can't see any reason to go for In-n-Out.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by anabolism
Not sure why people are so obsessed with In-n-Out, but maybe it's non-Californians who view it as a special treat? I mean, they were the best burger chain for decades, because their stuff was fresh while others' was frozen, but this century has seen so many burger places with organic, grass-fed, bison, etc. that I can't see any reason to go for In-n-Out.
Still fresh, still high quality, still cheap, still (relatively) fast, still treats their workers well... and it's still hard to find that combo. My alternate is The Habit (though I haven't tried Smashburger yet), and Five Guys is just above average.
Places like Umami and The Counter are in a different space.

I've lived in California for 20+ years now, and still see it as a special treat.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 9:39 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Dunkin Donuts will be opening in T4 in about 2-3 weeks.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:50 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by anabolism
As a 40+ years resident of the Los Angeles area, I agree with you 100%.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MAH4546
Dunkin Donuts will be opening in T4 in about 2-3 weeks.
Fan-tastic.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
The food truck in T4 appears to have rotated from Border Grill. New truck occupant is Grilled Cheeze Please!
Old Sep 26, 2016, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Now that T4 is connected with TBIT airside, and airside underground tunnel between T4 and T5 has reopened to passengers, if have plenty of time then dinning option is no longer limited to T4.

Last time I was at LAX T4 I saw Dunkin Donuts. Took long time but finally DD is invading West Coast?
Old Sep 26, 2016, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Now that T4 is connected with TBIT airside, and airside underground tunnel between T4 and T5 has reopened to passengers, if have plenty of time then dinning option is no longer limited to T4.

Last time I was at LAX T4 I saw Dunkin Donuts. Took long time but finally DD is invading West Coast?
Yup, two of them finally in the peripheral bits of the Bay Area (Half Moon Bay and somewhere out in Contra Costa -- Walnut Creek?) From what I hear, been in the Central Valley and LAX area a bit longer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.