Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

LAX Terminal 4 getting better food options

LAX Terminal 4 getting better food options

Old Jul 16, 2011, 11:36 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by mga911
Am I the only that's going to miss the brioche doree?
Yes. Everything I've had from there has been disgusting.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 11:43 am

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Cool Food trucks for OW pax?

Does AA have any say in what type of restaurants go into T4? I can't imagine that a large food truck reflects the type of image the AA wants to portray. If AA is going to make LAX their asian gateway and connecting point for OW partners, better food options should probably be placed in T4.

In regards to the space issue in T4, can anything be added as a second story, or would it interfere with the AC?

Last edited by ByrdluvsAWACO; Jul 16, 2011 at 11:52 am
Old Jul 16, 2011, 12:51 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
I can't imagine that a large food truck reflects the type of image the AA wants to portray.
Why?

Gourmet food trucks are the hottest trend on the Los Angeles dining scene. They serve everything from ice cream to sushi.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
Why?

Gourmet food trucks are the hottest trend on the Los Angeles dining scene. They serve everything from ice cream to sushi.
So so true- NYC too. maybe some people dont get out much. I think it looks like a very nice change
Old Jul 16, 2011, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Red face

Originally Posted by TWA884
Why?

Trends come and go. What may be "trendy" today will be pass tomorrow, especially in superficial L.A. Will that truck be "trendy" five years from now? AA should focus on bringing quality dining that will appeal to a more international mix of pax.

Obvisously, if the space issue can be resolved, there would be more room for junk food establishments.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Trends come and go. What may be "trendy" today will be pass tomorrow, especially in superficial L.A. Will that truck be "trendy" five years from now?

^

Then again, with the current crud that's there, it can hardly be worse. If the truck starts to feel dated, it can't be that hard to replace it with a fast-food counter.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP
How about an In N Out in T4?...OK, so much for my dream world LAX should get a clue from SFO & AUS.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 3:07 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
At Chilis you could at least sit down and eat in a civilised manner while being isolated from the rest of the terminal mayhem.
Trends come and go. What may be "trendy" today will be pass tomorrow, especially in superficial L.A. Will that truck be "trendy" five years from now? AA should focus on bringing quality dining that will appeal to a more international mix of pax.
Trendy is not necessarily bad. In this case, the vendors selected to rotate in the "food truck" at T4 are actually quite good; their food is vastly superior to Chili's which you seem to covet.

If you want sit down in a civilized place isolated from the terminal mayhem, go to the Admirals' club.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 3:23 pm
formerly gohima

LAX food options are such a joke, it would be difficult to go any further down hill (unless they closed all the food places). I welcome any and every option they are trying to bring in.

You would rather have Chilis and burger king over a gourmet food truck?
Old Jul 16, 2011, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by gohima
You would rather have Chilis and burger king over a gourmet food truck?
In a heartbeat. Most of the gourmet food I eat is delicate and quality falls off a cliff when the preparation is botched. I'd much rather have reliable mediocre food in an airport than botched gourmet stuff.

I think the biggest problem with LAX food options has been insufficient capacity for the number of passengers.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 6:44 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why can't the airport could solve the space constraints issue by utilizing the old Admirals Club space on the 3rd floor for an expanded food court with a variety of sit down restaurants.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EaglesOhThree
So so true- NYC too. maybe some people dont get out much. I think it looks like a very nice change
How many people who work Mon-Fri can get out far beyond where they work?

These gourmet food trucks only go to certain kinds of places. I've never seen them because I'm never at lunchtime in those kinds of high-traffic places in the "right" part of town. (This being L A, it's hard enough to get across town, no point in trying it at lunchtime!)

I work in an industrial park in Orange County where everything is two stories and a food truck has to make oodles of stops just to get a decent number of cutsomers. Only "desperate" cheap ethnic food trucks tend to come by any more.

When I see stories about food trucks on the L A news, it's always showing them outside office high-rises and such, where they can get tons of customers from only half a block away. This doesn't work in parts of town where all the buildings are two stories and spread out in sprwaling suburban office parks...
Old Jul 16, 2011, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP-3MM; WN A+; Alaska MVP-G; Marriott Plat Premier
What about using the space downstairs once they permanently vacate the passport control area. DFW did this by reusing the downstairs space from the old AAirtrain terminals for nice sit doe restaurants like Pappadeuxs.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 8:20 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP

Obvisously, if the space issue can be resolved, there would be more room for junk food establishments.
Food trucks are not a trend in Los Angeles. Los Angeles is the birthplace of food truck culture - everybody in Los Angeles from construction workers to lawyers eats at them. It's a great addition to the terminal and properly reflects LA's food culture, which, like it or not, includes food trucks.

It might be a trend in Miami or Chicago, but it's certainly not in Los Angeles.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
BK was my favorite fast food place because they have veggie burgers, heatlhy and tastey (doesn't try to taste like meat).
They're putting in a RFD which is a pretty decent Vegan place....and I'm saying this as a carnivore....so you should be in a MUCH better situation than with BK. I've been to RFD on La Cienega and if they replicate that in T4 it should be a good thing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.