Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

Mother's Day Brunch help...

Old Apr 30, 2011, 3:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta Kryptonium (DM) Hyatt Diamond IHG Fake Plat (Ambassador), HH Gold

I am flying to L.A. to visit my Mother and take her out for a Mother's Day brunch.

She is in poor health and this may the last Mother's Day I have with her. I'd love some recommendations on where I could take her. She lives in Culver City, but traveling distances if an hour each way aren't a big deal.

Thanks in advance.

Maps
Old Apr 30, 2011, 8:54 am

Programs: UA *Alliance
Might be a bit more than an hour drive but there is the Odyssey Restaurant in Granada Hills. http://www.theodysseyrestaurant.com/...y/aboutus.aspx

Does your mother like any particular sort of food?
Old Apr 30, 2011, 7:10 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
If you think this might be the last time your can share the experience, go big time. Consider one of the high end hotels on the Westside, such as the Ritz Carlton at the Marina, or Shutters/Fairmont in Santa Monica.

Another suggestion but a distance away (still within the hour drive limit) is the old school - Langham in Pasadena.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SWCPHX
Might be a bit more than an hour drive but there is the Odyssey Restaurant in Granada Hills. http://www.theodysseyrestaurant.com/...y/aboutus.aspx

Does your mother like any particular sort of food?
The food preference or restrictions were my initial thought as well. To your knowledge, is there anything which is off limits?
Old Apr 30, 2011, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta Kryptonium (DM) Hyatt Diamond IHG Fake Plat (Ambassador), HH Gold
Thanks for the responses. Will take more if folks have them

I like the thought of making it extra special as it very well could be the last Mother's Day we can celebrate together. The Ritz is very close to her home.

No food restrictions, just the travel time will impact her health.

She actually could make a longer trip, but I say one hour in L.A. because I 've had 15 min trips turn into an hour.
Old May 1, 2011, 11:05 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Take your Mom to Tavern in Brentwood
http://www.tavernla.com/brunch.html
The brunch food is delicious; service outstanding and be sure to request a table in the atrium. You might also tell your Mom that this is where President Obama dined last week. Another plus, is that Tavern is not raising its prices for Mother's Day. It is the usual Saturday-Sunday brunch menu, served from 10-2:30. Only 15 minutes from Culver City and convenient free parking.
There is also a full bar. Save room for dessert.
Old May 2, 2011, 9:59 am

I'd look into the Restaurant at the Getty. If it's open/avail, it would be memorable. Take a camera....maybe video...it will mean a lot in a few years.
Rgrds,
john
Old May 2, 2011, 12:03 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by ML1 Media
I'd look into the Restaurant at the Getty. If it's open/avail, it would be memorable. Take a camera....maybe video...it will mean a lot in a few years.
Rgrds,
john
The Getty is a lovely choice. My only concern that even after one gets off of the tram there is still quite a bit of walking involved.
Old May 2, 2011, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. Will look into Tavern and The Restaurant at Getty. Exactly what I'm looking for. Both of them have some aspects that I know she would love.

Maps

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.