Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > LatinPass/GlobalPass
Reload this Page >

What airlines can redeem GlobalMiles on?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2004, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

I am thinking of taking a trip to Latin America and I have a lot of AmEx rewards points. I know that GlobalPass is one of the partners where you can transfer points to.

So, I went over to GlobalPass' website and was a bit confused. I remember lots of airlines in LatinPass, but know looking at GlobalPass, I see only the following airlines that are redeemable for GlobalMiles:

- Aeropostal (Venezuala)
- Alianza Summa - (Columbia)
- KLM (Netherlands)
- Southern Winds (Argentina)
- TACA (Central America)

Is that it for redeeming of 'normal miles'? (I noticed that they have some super inflated option for using other airlines, but I don't want to do that).

Any input you can give would be appreciated.

Thanks! Steve
Old Mar 22, 2004, 5:01 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Yep - your understanding is correct. BTW, Summa - Avianca ( a fine airline up front). Taca would rate as the best airline in Latin America so that is a nice choice.

What type of routing are you looking at?

Regards,
Dave - Nagoya, Japan
Old Mar 22, 2004, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

I was thinking about vacationing in Brazil (Not Rio or Sao Paulo). I looked at TACA's website and they really don't cover Brazil. I may be out of luck trying to use GlobalPass for this....
Old Mar 25, 2004, 9:41 am

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
Yeah, your only options to Brazil are TACA to Sao Paolo via Lima; KLM to Sao Paolo from AMS, and Avianca's flight Bogota--Sao Paolo continuing to Rio.

Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.