Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > LatinPass/GlobalPass
Reload this Page >

GlobalPass launches new online travel agency - Double Dipping opportunities

Old Mar 16, 04, 3:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, IHG, Choice, Alaska, Avianca, Japan Airlines

You know - It doesn't look half bad. The fares seem comparable to travelocity.com on the few searches that I have done. But GlobalPass pays you 4 miles per dollar spent. These miles can be used for the regular KLM / Avianca / Taca / Aeropostal awards or their preferred rate airlines.

I think GlobalPass may be onto a good thing here. I will certainly give GlobalPass an opportunity to get my business.

I do see a downside - $50 charge for paper ticketing outside of the United States. I find it hard to believe it costs this much to send some paper tickets by regular airmail anywhere.

Lets see!

From the website:

You may purchase air travel on almost every airline in the world via an online reservations and ticketing system provided by Click&Book. You may use miles as money when purchasing air travel. You may purchase unrestricted airfares using miles under the SuperAwards™ program, or earn 4 PreferredMiles™ per dollar spent on airfares (excluding taxes and fees) when paying with a credit card. This is GlobalPass' "Earning miles upon-the-sale" feature.

Customers can also "Earn miles upon-the-service" for the flown segments when the airline is a GlobalPass Affiliated Airline, simply present your GlobalPass account number upon check-in.

If you pay with a mileage-earning credit card you will earn additional miles!

When the airline is not an Affiliated Airline and you belong to a participating program with that airline, simply present your card upon check-in and "legally" double-dip!

www.globalpass.com

[This message has been edited by davistev (edited Mar 16, 2004).]
Old Mar 16, 04, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, IHG, Choice, Alaska, Avianca, Japan Airlines
Any idea which travel engine this site uses? Sabre!! It will not price tickets out of Khartoum, Sudan - So this confirms that it uses a US search engine (Sudan is under US trade embargo and therefore tickets are not priced out of this country).

Old Mar 16, 04, 9:10 am

LatinPass used to send paper tickets via Regular mail which was costles for them.Since they changed name, they send tickets second or next day air.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by davistev:
You know - It doesn't look half bad. The fares seem comparable to travelocity.com on the few searches that I have done. But GlobalPass pays you 4 miles per dollar spent. These miles can be used for the regular KLM / Avianca / Taca / Aeropostal awards or their preferred rate airlines.

I think GlobalPass may be onto a good thing here. I will certainly give GlobalPass an opportunity to get my business.

I do see a downside - $50 charge for paper ticketing outside of the United States. I find it hard to believe it costs this much to send some paper tickets by regular airmail anywhere.

Lets see!

From the website:

You may purchase air travel on almost every airline in the world via an online reservations and ticketing system provided by Click&Book. You may use miles as money when purchasing air travel. You may purchase unrestricted airfares using miles under the SuperAwards™ program, or earn 4 PreferredMiles™ per dollar spent on airfares (excluding taxes and fees) when paying with a credit card. This is GlobalPass' "Earning miles upon-the-sale" feature.

Customers can also "Earn miles upon-the-service" for the flown segments when the airline is a GlobalPass Affiliated Airline, simply present your GlobalPass account number upon check-in.

If you pay with a mileage-earning credit card you will earn additional miles!

When the airline is not an Affiliated Airline and you belong to a participating program with that airline, simply present your card upon check-in and "legally" double-dip!

www.globalpass.com

</font>

Search this Thread