Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > LatinPass/GlobalPass
Reload this Page >

60 Preferred-Rate Airlines coming February 2004

Old Jan 27, 04, 12:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, IHG, Choice, Alaska, Avianca, Japan Airlines

Looks like big news coming down the pipeline with regard to new airlines coming on board. GP website is advertising 60 new airlines to come on board February 2004.

Preferred rate airlines earn 4 miles per dollar spent. I am not sure what this means or what the redemption opportunities are like. Can anyone clear this up in my mind?
Old Jan 27, 04, 6:58 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
The e-mail I received said instead of 50% segments you will receive 4 miles per dollar spent. To me that sounds like a $500 ticket will earn 2,000 miles in my account when before if I had flown 4,000 miles regardless of the cost of my ticket I would have received 2,000 GlobalPass miles.

Sounds like a devaluation in many cases.
Old Mar 1, 04, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Date extended

"STAY TUNED for almost 80 Preferred-Rate Airlines coming March 15th 2004 !! and more than 400 additional airlines will be accesible for booking and purchasing tickets on regularly published fares."

Looks like we will have 80 airlines. Maybe a complete overhaul of this programme.
Old Mar 3, 04, 9:42 am

Is this a dream, a wish or a prayer?

Wasn't this annouced like two years ago? Every month it was coming shortly. So February has rolled into March, what's next April 2009. Remember the song in the year 2525, in the year 3535, in the year 4545.

Why would they wait to add 60/80 airlines? Why not just add them as they become available? Since the bulk of the million miles promotions have been used up let us use our remaining towards any new airlines that come onboard. Last time they added an airline, it had all these superawards or whatever. Trust me, I would credit all my car rentals and hotels to LP/GP if I knew what the rules would be this afternoon or tomorrow, or next week. I am still waiting on a KLM answer to go to Scotland. Let's see it is a 747 out of Houston holds close to 400 people and I asked two weeks ago. Houston and LA are the only KLM 747 cities, and Houston is half the size of LA so my chances should be the best. Right?

[This message has been edited by milesrus (edited Mar 03, 2004).]
Old Mar 3, 04, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

I think the 80 airlines will not be available for mileage redemption. There is a two tier system of miles. You cannot redeem regular GP miles on Cayman Airways so I am not hoping for anything great. My guess is that GP is turning into a travle agency or bulk consolidator.

Old Mar 4, 04, 12:01 am

I just hope they stay in business until I have the opportunity to use up the rest of my miles. It won' be easy.
Old Mar 15, 04, 12:54 pm

Guess thier timeline slipped again.
Old Mar 15, 04, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Its Latin Time! So, anytime in the next month or so.

Search this Thread