If KLM joins skyteam. . . .

Old Sep 25, 03, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

If KLM joins skyteam. . . .

If KLM joins skyteam, chances are that they will pull out of LatinPass--and it looks more and more likely that this is a done deal.
Old Sep 25, 03, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
As it is, not very easy to get any KLM awards anyway, so not a major deal. I think just use TACA and visit S. America -- Argentina is a steal these days - 4* hotels with breakfast for $34 (incl taxes) for 2, steak dinners with trimmings for about $6, etc.
Old Sep 28, 03, 2:08 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Choice Diamond, Alaska 75K, Avianca, Etihad
I am not too sure KLM will pull out. It depends more on the requirements to enter SKYTEAM than anything else. KLM may not want to pull the cord on GlobalPass, Jet Airways and Kenyan Airways.

It is possible to stay in a large alliance and keep partner airlines. SkyTeams's Latin influence is limited to AeroMexico.
Old Sep 28, 03, 9:02 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
I made my first request for a LatinPass flight award a few days ago. I was impressed that there was actually someone who promptly answered the phone. I requested a KLM award for November and she took the info and said to check back in a couple of days. If I get it I will be impressed and actually use most of my 2003 allotment of miles. Then, I plan to finish off the account balance in January 2004 on awards and the whole 1,000,020 miles will have been blown. What a great bonus it's been.

I know there is award availability for the flights I want on KLM through Northwest, so I'll see if LatinPass can come through.
Old Sep 28, 03, 7:02 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by satori:
....I requested a KLM award for November and she took the info and said to check back in a couple of days......</font>
This November???!!! I'd be shocked and amazed, but who knows. I wish you the best of luck.

In reality, what is more likely to happen is that you will call back at which time they will tell you one of two things:

- call back in another few days
- no seats available

I'd bet on the first possibility. At which time you will call back again in a few days and the charade will repeat.

Best of luck though!!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: