New Distancia Chart - TACA

Old Sep 19, 2003, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
New Distancia Chart - TACA

See Distancia (on taca.com) for new info on mileage awards, etc.

Reward tickets - Economy Class

To see how many DISTANCIA miles you'll need to redeem for a reward ticket, select the zones you'll be traveling between. Then, on the reward chart below check the mileage required for a standard ticket. For more information on the countries in each zone, pass your mouse over the region.

There are 11 zones for the world. Example From USA to S. America is 40K miles. Need to see the full map (that I cannot paste) to get all info.
====================================

Travel Reward Chart Regulations:

One stopover on route permitted per round-trip award ticket (includes waits of more than 24 hours for connecting flights).
Open Jaws and Stop Overs are permitted for both origin and destination, as long as the new city is within the same zone. An Open Jaw is considered when a passenger travels from A to X and returns from Y to A. Or when traveling from A to X and returning from X to B.
Award Tickets redeemed with DISTANCIA air partners apply only to flights operated by such airline.
Award tickets may combine flights on up to two different airlines (except TAM) provided that one of them is with TACA. Airlines associated to Global Pass are ticketed separately.
For all flights between Central and South America, two award tickets will be required separately when traveling through a North American gateway.

Old Sep 20, 2003, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SAPMAN:

Need to see the full map (that I cannot paste) to get all info.
</font>
Well the page links would have helped - took me 10 minutes to locate it!

www.taca.com/eng/pdis/pdisbusclacha.asp

These above are Biz class awards tables

And these below are coach charts:

http://www.taca.com/eng/pdis/pdisecoclacha.asp

How on EARTH does TACA get anyone to Australia? Who would they partner that with?

It is only 50K coach or 75K Biz RT from Australia to London. That is the world's cheapest award for 24 hours (minimum!) of flying each way.

Zone A to Zone D. (Unless I am reading it wrong?)

If anyone can find out carrier they use, and has the points .. talk to me!

By comparison, USA to Europe is 100,000 in Biz.

And internal Zone 6 (Sth America) for 30k in Biz we can use 2 tickets for December if someone wants to talk to me. I presume TACA has some way to get us from Buenos Aires to La Paz?

Does TACA also serve Cuzco Peru?

Old Sep 20, 2003, 11:31 am

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ozstamps:
Does TACA also serve Cuzco Peru?

</font>

Yup!

Here's a route map: they serve Cuzco, La Paz, and Buenos Aires all from their Lima hub.

http://www.taca.com/eng/iabo/iaboroumap.asp#

[This message has been edited by Viajero Joven (edited 09-20-2003).]
Old Sep 20, 2003, 4:15 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
The small print may reveal how one could fly from Europe to Asia.

"Award tickets may combine flights on up to two different airlines (except TAM) provided that one of them is with TACA. Airlines associated to Global Pass are ticketed separately."

I interpret this to mean that one can redeem Taca miles on GlobalPass airlines (KLM) to Asia.

"GlobalPass benefits are automatically available to DISTANCIA members. To earn miles simply present your DISTANCIA membership card when flying with any GlobalPass member airline. You can subsequently redeem the miles for travel rewards on any GlobalPass member route."

Ozstamps is correct. Europe to Asia in Biz class is 75,000 miles. This is not a mistake as I recently booked this award with GlobalPass (KLM) from Asia to London in Business Class for two people - No Problemo!

GlobalPass is finally showing its weight.

As for Australia - No partners fly there. I think the Mileage Map is only applicable if it is served by a partner airline. This would explain why the the likes of Guinea Bissau and Swaziland are on the map. Not very precise.

[This message has been edited by davistev (edited 09-20-2003).]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.