Global Pass / Distancia

Old Sep 10, 03, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Global Pass / Distancia

Just got 2 tix from Global Pass to Argentina for late OCT thru TACA and all went well. Had to be a bit flexible in dates, but otherwise no problems. IF I get my tickets in mail, as promised.

Noticed Distancia (TACA FF program) has some upcoming changes in their program. Supposed to be fewer miles for trips, but we will see. Anyone know about this.

PS. If you have Distancia miles posted in 2000, they expire on 12/31/03. I assume most do not have many from 2000 - but keep abreast of your miles.

Old Sep 11, 03, 2:42 pm

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
Heresay from the LAX Taca office:

TACA/Distancia will issue E-tickets on Sept. 16. I suspect updated website will come available then.

If GlobalPass can do TACA E-tickets, life would be a little better!!

Text from the Distancia site where the mileage charts should be:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">In recognition of your loyalty and preference for DISTANCIA, we're implementing several important program changes in September in order to serve you better.

From now on, you'll be able to automatically redeem your DISTANCIA miles with less hassle and far fewer miles than previously required for free tickets to destinations around the world on both TACA and affiliated airlines.

With our new combined Travel Reward Chart, you can get automatic, immediate authorization for free award tickets by visiting any TACA City Ticket Office. You can also redeem just one ticket for travel on routes including segments on both TACA and our air partners such as American Airlines, American Eagle, and GlobalPass (Aeropostal, Avianca, SAM and KLM).

http://www.taca.com/eng/pdis/pdisnewtab.asp

</font>

[This message has been edited by Viajero Joven (edited 09-11-2003).]

Search this Thread