Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > LatinPass/GlobalPass
Reload this Page >

Lots of Hang Ups Today... Recent Success w KLM?

Old Aug 15, 03, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.

I needed to check on two awards requests that I submitted last week with KLM. (So far, I never had a KLM request approved). Very long hold times today, 'Your business is very important to us,' followed by the ultimate - a hang up.

Are they still in business? Anybody confirmed a KLM res recently?
Old Aug 15, 03, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Well, I finally got thru and as usual, got lots of very polite apologies for the 'hang-ups.

Both requests for travel on KLM were, once again, disapproved. One request was for BKK to BCN during the OCT - mid Nov time range in Y or C, and the other from LAX - LON during the same time frame. Again, the request was for either Y or C. I wanted to give them lots of flexibility.

Amelia informed me that for every 10 requests submitted to KLM, only 2 maybe 3 are approved. I'm batting zero for zero with KLM over the last three and a half years.

So this is getting to be a really, really big drag.

I think that I will submit a request to go from LAX (or any other US gateway) to CAI in C for anytime during the next year and see what happens.

Anybody want to join me in this idea? Maybe we should even let them pick the destination for us...???

Amelia and GP are just going to love this one:

'I'm calling just coz want to submit a request to go anywhere, from anywhere, at any time during the next 12 months.'

AND I'M SERIOUS!

[This message has been edited by tvl4free (edited 08-15-2003).]
Old Aug 15, 03, 2:45 pm

T4F I hear Houston is pretty easy. (I hear) they fly a 747 from Houston to AMS so should have lote of seats. From Albuquerque you can grab a cheap seat to Houston.
Old Aug 16, 03, 7:14 am

Programs: Hilton, IHG, Choice, Alaska, Avianca, Japan Airlines
Flights out of LAX are almost always difficult to get on KLM (even as a KLM member). However, SFO usually has much better availability.

Do not give up. I have successfully booked 4 Intra-European flights in Y class and earlier this year I was able to get confirmation on two J class tickets from Asia to Europe.

I think the problem mainly rests with the busy USA-AMS flights.
Old Aug 28, 03, 5:13 pm

Tried LAX-AMS to no avail, but got confirmed SFO-AMS rt on Dec 2/ Dec 9, both in C-class.
My first transatlantic KLM score!
Old Aug 30, 03, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Oh ye of little faith. Do you need to be reminded that
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">GlobalPass has been designed and created to avoid the normal problems encountered by current programs and one important feature is the ability for customers to take control of all their own information, from a web browser anywhere in the world.

The mission of GlobalPass is to serve our customers through excellence in service and performance, redemption policies and procedures, member liaison and alliance expansion.</font>
If you are having a problem with GlobalPass, you must simply not have a web browser?

Search this Thread