Worst Latin Pass (Global Pass) Experiece!

Old Jul 18, 03, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Worst Latin Pass (Global Pass) Experiece!

In the interest of fairness I believe this topic should be posted as well as the other I posted.

I will start with an amusing anecdote that just happened to me and I am certain it will not compare to some stories others may post.

I ordered an award several months ago paid the fees, and after paying the delivery charges discovered LP or GP, does not send the tickets until thirty days before departure. Well the thirty day time frame passed and they still had not shipped the tickets according to the Web site so I called GP. GP told me they would send the tickets immediately and actually I received an email that same day and tracking information along with it. Unfortunately the tickets had been sent by UPS Ground from Miami and I live in California! The tracking information indicates the tickets will not arrive until next Friday. UPS confirmed it will take eight days for the tickets to arrive. I think this is .. you know I really can not find a word for this.

How much more could it have cost to send the one ounce package by air. I called UPS to find out, and was told the difference is forty-nine cents.
Old Jul 18, 03, 1:12 pm

Cygone, well this may be like reading war and peace. My pridiction is you get 11 post here for the 1 on your other post. My worse experience is I did the run in June by September they had enough to post the 250K, bonus by November they had enough for the 500k, I should have just called then acted dumb and said what about the 500 or million. None the less I could not travel in 2000 nor get any Marriott Rollover points. Would I have done the run knowing all this, you bet it was a great deal, but their persistant chnages. Well what can I say they are what they are, SorryPass.

[This message has been edited by milesrus (edited 07-18-2003).]
Old Jul 19, 03, 2:47 pm
Original Member

Worst Latin Pass experience, as Bobby noted, was probably getting them to post the miles. Took the rest of 2000, and several sharply worded letters on my law firm stationary before they were finally posted.

Djlawman
Old Aug 1, 03, 1:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
LOSING ALL MY MILES - because I hadn't travelled for a while with flights I wanted posted here.

Had I known of that, I would have made a MR to prevent it !
Old Aug 1, 03, 6:49 am

how much did you loose, is this a big amount of people I wonder, I sure hope not, how sad.
Hopefully you had a car or hotel in there somewhere and they forgot to post it.

Bobby
Old Aug 2, 03, 3:52 pm
Original Member

Cris L - Did you have any qualifying activity in the last three years since your Latin Pass run? If so and if you lost em because the new activity did not post, I would pursue LP/GP with vigor. I think they clearly cannot eliminate your miles in that situation.

Djlawman
Old Aug 3, 03, 10:31 pm

This month's Inside Flyer says that somebody lost their miles due to flairure to fly an airline. I hope this isn't changing from an activity to a actual flight.
Old Aug 4, 03, 12:46 pm
Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by milesrus:
This month's Inside Flyer says that somebody lost their miles due to flairure to fly an airline. I hope this isn't changing from an activity to a actual flight.</font>
Yeah, I saw that as well. I wonder if they have changed the rules yet again to suit their needs. Anyone know for sure?

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: Mileage Workshop --- "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa (1940-93)

Search this Thread