FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   LatinPass/GlobalPass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latinpass-globalpass-494/)
-   -   GP Routes and USA gateways (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latinpass-globalpass/65414-gp-routes-usa-gateways.html)

SAPMAN Jun 14, 2003 7:52 am

GP Routes and USA gateways

Can someone give me a short list of the carriers, routes, and gateways in USA that one can use GP miles - to Earribean or S. America. Their web site is not too user friendly and missing a lot of functions.

By the way, my wife and I both have activity posted earlier this year so are lucky to be in good standing. Sorry for those that forget to get it done or forgot to check with GP to insure posting. It may be a difficult fight to get miles reinstated. I think GP was hoping for this and likely 1/2 of those with miles left from the Latin Pass Bonus have lost what they had left.

davistev Jun 14, 2003 8:34 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SAPMAN:

By the way, my wife and I both have activity posted earlier this year so are lucky to be in good standing. Sorry for those that forget to get it done or forgot to check with GP to insure posting. It may be a difficult fight to get miles reinstated. I think GP was hoping for this and likely 1/2 of those with miles left from the Latin Pass Bonus have lost what they had left.

</font>

Actually, GlobalPass changed the rules stating that it is not the activity date that counts but rather the posting date. This has many people upset because many did in fact plan to remain in compliance with the rules. Second, GP decided that the month of activity would be be back dated to the first day of the month. A June 19th activity date means your miles expire June 1st.

So you can imagine the uproar by people who were caught out.

davistev Jun 14, 2003 8:50 am

Routings:

Toronto - Havanna - San Salvador (Taca)
Miami - Caracas (Aeropostal)
JFK - Bogota (Avianca)
Miami - Bogota (Avianca)
FLL - Bogota (Avianca)
Miami - Central America (Taca)
Miami - Buenos Aires (Southern Winds)
New York - San Salvador (Taca)

I am sure there are more from Taca.

satori Jun 14, 2003 8:56 am

I can't imagine that half of the LatinPass mileage runners from 2000 lost their miles. I have to wonder why someone would go through the trouble of doing a mileage run and then not secure their miles with at least one activity in 3 years. That is a fairly standard requirement for Frequent Flyer Programs and if you did the LP run, then you know that a simple car rental or hotel stay provides account activity miles.

For me, car rentals offer so few miles that I post activity from those to seldom used programs just to maintain the 3 year activity. As for LatinPass, Hilton gave triple miles for a good portion of last year and it was an easy way to get 1,500 miles added to the LP account and maintain activity status for another 3 years.

dvdexter Jun 14, 2003 10:27 am

Chicago (ORD) to Guatemala City (if you don't mind leaving around 2 a.m.) on TACA.

dhacker Jun 14, 2003 9:35 pm

IAD - SAL (Taca)

SAPMAN Jun 14, 2003 10:23 pm

Thanks for the routings / carriers.

I also dont know why people wait until last minute to post a credit, but it happens quite often. I know I thought also that I would have until end of June, but like some others - figured why not post an Avis or hotel to LP / GP as not many miles anyway.

But I also do a lot of Priceline, so they do not usually get miles / points posted.

Anyway, thanks everyone.

Viajero Joven Jun 15, 2003 1:15 am

Re. credit, one can do a random Thrifty car rental for $20ish and revalidate the miles.

Other gateway info:

TACA flies from YYZ, SFO, LAX, DFW, IAH, MSY, ORD, IAD, JFK, and BOS

TACA route map here: http://www.taca.com/eng/iabo/iaboroumap.asp#

COPA flies from LAX, MIA, and MCO to PTY

Others are pretty much covered above.

Djlawman Jun 15, 2003 8:16 am

Unless you already had the itinerary reserved months ago, COPA can no longer be used for award travel.

Djlawman