Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > LatinPass/GlobalPass
Reload this Page >

GP or LP - Which designator is correct for partner use?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2003, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K

I have not had any activity post to my account since the change-over to GlobalPass from LatinPass. Some partners have not changed as well.

On the Hilton Site, GlobalPass is not an option to choose but LatinPass Distancia is.

I would like to know if anyone has been able to get activity credited since the change-over to GlobalPass. I am concerned because I would like to get my activity posted.
Old May 27, 2003, 8:35 pm

I have had activity post recently but it is very slow. My wife had an Avis rental post that was in October of last year. Had a Hilton stay from last July in London, post about a month ago. I am shocked at how long it takes. All recent postings were to be applied to old program Latin Pass. Have had a few stays and car rentals with Global Pass and none have posted yet.
Old May 28, 2003, 7:31 am

my wife had a hilton stay in march which posted in 15 days.. I believe that she had selected GP.. DISTANCIA as partner choice at the hilton website.

I am going to check this with Hilton today, as I am trying to get a Hampton stay posted right now. I'll let you know the result of that call to hilton.

tom
Old May 28, 2003, 10:15 pm

Programs: United 1K

When I rented a car last month from Avis I gave them my Globalpass account number. The clerk tried a number of times to enter it as GP (plus the number) but it wouldn't take. I then had her re-enter the number as LP (plus the number) and she was able to do it.
Old May 28, 2003, 10:16 pm

Programs: United 1K
Forgot to mention it posted to my Globalpass account in four weeks.
Old May 29, 2003, 12:29 am
Original Poster

Four weeks eh! I am living on the edge on this one. Stupid me has been crediting all my activity to my LP account and none to my wife's

Silly me.
Old May 29, 2003, 1:17 pm

Davistav,

I spoke with a very knowledgable supervisor at Hilton today.. he has dealt with this same question previously, so knew the answer.
He says that the Hilton website has 3 choices , namely GP/aces or GP/ distancia, or GP/ avianca.

It does not matter which one you choose, the points will go to the generic Global Pass account. The way it works, is that the Global Pass account number that is attached to the transaction determines which program it shows up to at Global Pass...

So for example, when you register your 11 digit GP number, the system knows by the sequence of numbers it should go to the generic GP account.

I got totally different information from Global Pass.. they told me that if I submitted a transaction from hilton to the Global Pass/ aces designation, that it might go directly to Aces.

I believe the information that Hilton gave me to be reliable. The supervisor is going to follow my hotel transaction thru the process over at Hilton, and make sure that it is sent properly. He is even going to send it manually if need be,so that he can ensure me that it has gone to Global Pass. Then it is up to me to follow up with Global Pass to ensure that they are posting it once they receive it.

I hope that this message is easy to follow?

Tom
Old Jun 2, 2003, 6:00 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, DL Gold, LP ex-Millionaire!
I had a Hilton transfer post in May (points came out of my Hilton account in April). I had to send an email to GP to follow up on their end. I did that about a month after I requested the transfer and the points were posted to GP within a couple of days. In the same email I asked them to follow up on an Avis rental. The actual rental was 9/02 and I sent a copy of the rental contract to GP in January. Still waiting for those points....

I'm so happy I made that Hilton transfer. I did it as a safeguard against my Avis points not posting--which I needed to renew the expiration date on my points. Given the monkey business that seems to be going on with points expiration I'm really glad I had the insurance.
Old Jun 2, 2003, 8:30 am
Original Poster

I am waiting for my HH points to post. I initiated the transfer on April 19th. But my account says the "service date" posting is pending. GlobalPass has said they will look into it. I sure hope it all ends well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.