FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   LatinPass/GlobalPass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latinpass-globalpass-494/)
-   -   3 year activity rule? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latinpass-globalpass/65401-3-year-activity-rule.html)

davistev Mar 5, 2003 10:29 pm

3 year activity rule?

I just noticed that my wife has not had any activity in her account for 2 years and 7 months. She did the million mile run but I have used my account for all activity since.

Does she have until this July to have some activity or does the clock start ticking on the date the bonus was deposited to her account (December)?

Dave

NickB Mar 6, 2003 5:48 am

Why take the risk? Assume July. Hiring a car or a stay in hotel partner would do the trick.

Harvey108 Mar 6, 2003 9:59 am

My wife just spoke to Amelia at Globalpass as she rented an Avis automobile in November of 2002 in order to have a credit within the 3 year period. Upon our inquiry Amelia informed us that the 3 year starts the day of the transaction, not the day of the posting. In other words the day we completed the rental of the car...

------------------

tfjim Mar 6, 2003 3:51 pm

Does activity renew all the miles in the account?

Djlawman Mar 7, 2003 7:57 pm

From the GlobalPass website:

"GlobalPass mileage does not expire as customers remain active. All earned mileage will expire if the account does not reflect a qualifying activity within 36 months from the last Service Date.

Qualifying activity is defined as earned mileage credits on a GlobalPass participating Service Provider or transferring miles INBOUND from a Participating "Transfer" Program.

Transfer of miles OUTBOUND to a Transfer Program is not considered a qualifying activity."

Of course, I guess someone who was really desparate could transfer points back into GlobalPass from Marriott or HHonors or somewhere to keep their account active too.

Djlawman

tfjim Mar 7, 2003 8:51 pm

DJlawman, thanks for taking the time to post all that. Didn't mean to be lazy about it.

Djlawman May 9, 2003 7:41 am

Bumping this as a reminder to everyone (and most particularly myself, since my wife has had no additional qualifying activity since our run in June of 2000, and I don't want to lose the 150K miles left in her GP account) to get your qualifying activity done to keep your miles alive.

Djlawmna

MileageAddict May 17, 2003 6:24 am

My GlobalPiss miles were to expire in a few months from now. A quick stay at a Hampton Inn put 100 new miles into the account and extended their life for another three years.

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: Mileage Workshop --- "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa (1940-93)

Cris L May 17, 2003 4:05 pm

When did folks become aware of this 3 year requirement - because I do not recall it.

davistev May 17, 2003 4:38 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cris L:
When did folks become aware of this 3 year requirement - because I do not recall it.

</font>
About three years ago. I believe it was on the old website.

Djlawman May 17, 2003 9:54 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cris L:

</font>
From the GlobalPass website:

" Mileage Expiration

GlobalPass mileage does not expire as customers remain active. All earned mileage will expire if the account does not reflect a qualifying activity within 36 months from the last Service Date.

Qualifying activity is defined as earned mileage credits on a GlobalPass participating Service Provider or transferring miles INBOUND from a Participating "Transfer" Program.

Transfer of miles OUTBOUND to a Transfer Program is not considered a qualifying activity."

To find this, go to "about GlobalPass" then to "Customer Guide" then to "Mileage Expiration."

This has been their rule for several years.

Djlawman