LACSA JFK to SJO -- How is it?

Old Mar 30, 03, 7:54 am
Original Member
Original Poster

LACSA JFK to SJO -- How is it?

We are traveling LACSA JFK to SJO for a vacation over Easter week. Going with the kids for, hopefully, a fun week in Costa Rica. We will be traveling Clase Ejecutiva on LACSA to SJO and back. Anyone ever been on this flight? How is the Clase Ejecutiva service, food, space in Business? Any experience would be appreciated. Thanks.

Djlawman
Old Mar 30, 03, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

did it last year, coach was full and looked and sounded like a bus will in SJO(Mexico). I went in Bis and it wasnt anything to get excited about. Food wise they didnt have my special meals going or coming. Leg room hope you're short. But the Fa was a nice guy. It was only me and another guy up front.
Now afor a WARNING. I had to check-in at Term 2(Delta), you 1st had to go thru the xray machines B4 you get to the check-in counters, which means that those items one CANT take in their carry-on but can in checked luggage, doesnt help here. They take it away put it in a bag, you go check-in and the person who checks you in had to go to the security people to get your items and put back into your bag. If thats still the case or if theycame up with a way to 1st go thru check-in and then the xray machines I DONT know, but be prepared for the worse and going in Business doen't mean squat!!! you muststand behind all those already on line.Also all flights out of term 2 have the same prob so its not only your flightbbut ALL flights so that line can be Longgggggggg.
Old Mar 30, 03, 4:49 pm

Programs: Hilton, IHG, Choice, Alaska, Avianca, Japan Airlines
LACSA is pretty good. The equipment is modern. The food is average, leg room is standard US domestic First Class layout (these aint no flat beds!). The attitudes of the flight attendants has been hit or miss lately.

Compared to a US Airline - I would rate it as being twice as good.

Search this Thread