FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   LatinPass/GlobalPass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latinpass-globalpass-494/)
-   -   With KL awards virtually unavailable: Any other way to travel transatlantic? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latinpass-globalpass/65385-kl-awards-virtually-unavailable-any-other-way-travel-transatlantic.html)

cesco.g Feb 23, 2003 5:58 pm

With KL awards virtually unavailable: Any other way to travel transatlantic?

Having for 3 years tried unsuccessfully tried to book a KL transatlantic C-award ticket and US Air gone, I was wondering if there was any other way to fly US-Europe using LP/GP miles ??

davistev Feb 23, 2003 6:55 pm

Avianca

JFK - BOG - MAD

Just a little longer.

Dave - Japan

Schutzee Feb 24, 2003 2:32 pm

Transfer miles to Hhonors and use a Hilton airline award @ 150,000 points. On American you get miles on the ticket to boot!

milesrus Feb 24, 2003 8:42 pm

If this is true then going to Europe if your Platinum or above is an extra 20,000 miles.

davistev Feb 24, 2003 9:01 pm

I also saw an advertisement in Caracas airport announcing 767 Aeropostal service to Madrid.

But, it could be a codeshare.....

dhacker Feb 24, 2003 9:03 pm

Yes, HH awards for travel on AA do reportedly earn miles. So with a creative routing and high AA status you could get 25,000 or more miles. This reduces the cost of the award to 50,000 miles net (75k GP = 150k HH = 1 RT coach US-EU + 25k AA). However, you can only transfer 30k/mo bonus miles from GP->HH.

The main drawback is that you can't upgrade the international segments. I think the domestic US segments can be upgraded.

NickB Feb 25, 2003 10:28 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by davistev:
I also saw an advertisement in Caracas airport announcing 767 Aeropostal service to Madrid.

But, it could be a codeshare.....
</font>
Yes, it is an Air Europa codeshare.

tfjim Feb 25, 2003 3:51 pm

I was looking at Lan Chile for a transfer also. Not much value there.

[This message has been edited by tfjim (edited 02-25-2003).]

cesco.g Mar 5, 2003 11:36 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dhacker:
Yes, HH awards for travel on AA do reportedly earn miles. So with a creative routing and high AA status you could get 25,000 or more miles. This reduces the cost of the award to 50,000 miles net (75k GP = 150k HH = 1 RT coach US-EU + 25k AA). However, you can only transfer 30k/mo bonus miles from GP-&gt;HH.

The main drawback is that you can't upgrade the international segments. I think the domestic US segments can be upgraded.
</font>
Are there also HH awards in business or first?

jaguar Mar 5, 2003 3:56 pm

No. Only coach travel award seats are available when redeeming HH points.