Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > LatinPass/GlobalPass
Reload this Page >

Where should I go in Central America?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2003, 9:37 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

I am thinking of topping off my GlobalPass account with a few miles from diners Club so I can take weekend run to Central America and use up the last of my miles and be done with this program.

I can start my trip by going to San Salvador nonstop on TACA out of IAD. If I am looking at spending only one night away from home, I was thinking of either Tikal, Guatemala for the ruins or Panama City to visit the Canal. Any recommendations or ideas? Many thanks in advance!

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: Mileage Workshop --- "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa (1940-93)

[This message has been edited by MileageAddict (edited 02-13-2003).]
Old Feb 15, 2003, 7:28 am

Tikal is more spectacular, especially at dawn from the temple top, as the mist rises, howler monkeys call out, birds sing, and the jungle awakens from darkness. Even better with a thermos of Mexican (white tequila-cacao liqueur) coffee. Tikal rivals Chitchen Itza, Palenque, Machu Picchu and similar.
Old Feb 15, 2003, 4:52 pm
vandykes44

I would second the recommendation to see Tikal. It's incredible, out in the middle of the jungle. Stay overnight and really enjoy the ruins. Take a morning hike with an experienced guide to see the jungle 'awaken.' It's fabulous!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.