Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > LatinPass/GlobalPass
Reload this Page >

LatinPass no good for US Air anymore

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2003, 3:00 pm
BJJ
Original Poster

It is effective tomorrow, and good luck trying to make any reservations today through GlobalPass. I've been trying all day, without success. I visited
http://www.usair.com/dividendmiles/r...latin_pass.htm
on the usair website, and got the news. I am not at all sure what I'm going to do with all my GlobalPass miles.....move 'em to Hilton, I guess.
Old Jan 31, 2003, 3:13 pm

Bummer

Hopefully there will be a grace period for ordering US awards with GP miles like there was/is for Copa.

At least Taca flies out of WAS. This is really going to hurt those outside of the GP gateway cities.
Old Jan 31, 2003, 9:21 pm

It's posted in the GP news now:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">US Airways
Effective February 1, 2003, US Airways will no longer participate in GlobalPass and the last day to earn miles for qualifying US Airways flights is January 31, 2003 and all award travel must be completed by December 31, 2003. US Airways will honor all confirmed award reservations through December 31, 2003.</font>
The big question is whether or not you can still make award reservations on US.
Old Feb 1, 2003, 9:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Just when I thought that Latinpass was actually getting better they pull this crap..... No notice at all??
Old Feb 1, 2003, 12:27 pm

There is no way this happened in one day unless through the bankruptcy Global wasn't paid so they gave them the boot. My gut feeling is LatinPass was begging them to stay and when the final deadline came they let USAIR release the information.
Old Feb 4, 2003, 3:27 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BJJ:
LatinPass no good for US Air anymore.</font>
LatinPass is no good for anything anymore. Neither is GlobalPass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.