Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > LatinPass/GlobalPass
Reload this Page >

Partner reservation procedures??!!!!!

Old Sep 15, 2000, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

I just had my first ever experience making a partner reservation (domestic , UsAir)through LP using my bonus miles. FWIW, here is my experience:

first I called LP with specific dates and cities......TOOOOO FRUSTRATING.......I'd always get "call back in a couple of days" A couple of days later I'd get "call back in a couple of days" Then finally..."those dates aren't available....try another day"

Next I tried making the reservation directly with Usair using LP miles ...that didn't work.

Finally I told LP make me a reservation on the next available date, and just pick out any cities......when they finally made the reservation I called usair to change to the cities and dates I wanted. They(UsAir) tell you which dates are available and you get to choose right then and there.

here's the $64 question..........when I made the changes they ask "would you like us to issue you the ticket".......can they do that? I wonder what would happen if I say yes?..how many miles would they charge? (I have no dividend miles...so it has to be LP miles).....it sure as hell beats farting around with LP!!!! LP said only they can issue tickets and make changes..and in fact still had my original itinerary even though it no longer existed!!!
Old Sep 16, 2000, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

itzfierce, welcome to the board with a post addressing very accurately the concerns of some in our LP MM group.

IMHO, since US has no acces/authority over your LP account, ticketing must be done thru LP. However, to find a way around that procedure would be the solution to that frustration you are pointing out above.

Incidentially: Did you note the booking codes on US for awards in business class?

[This message has been edited by cesco.g (edited 09-16-2000).]
Old Sep 16, 2000, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

right....US would not issue the ticket......wishful thinking on my part I suppose. But at least it seems easy enough to make changes directly with the partner, once Lp builds the file....(even though LP says this isn't possible)....I'm all for minimizing interaction w/LP!!!! Now I must wait till monday to have the ticket issued(or at least try !!!) Also, aces will not book CO if miles originated from LP promotion.....can they get away with that?!?!
cesco.g..I booked coach
Old Sep 16, 2000, 10:01 pm

Programs: DL PLAT / HH GOLD
Itzfierce: Who told you Aces wont book tickets on CO if miles come from Latinpass ?, thats news to me !!!

[Also, aces will not book CO if miles originated from LP promotion.....can they get away with that?!?!
cesco.g..I booked coach[/B][/QUOTE]

Old Sep 17, 2000, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Aces......I transferred miles(thank god it was only 70k) to premium pass thinking i'd be able to use them on CO . ...then when I tried to reserve something, I was told by juan at PP that if the miles orginated from LP's promotion they couldn't be used on CO....how could they get away that? I always thought miles were miles!! I gues LP's promotion miles are second class!!
Old Sep 17, 2000, 12:01 pm

The same thing happened to me at Taca's Distancia....after they told me the miles were good on American they changed their minds...and they refused to let me transfer them back to LP. All of these airlines are asking for lawsuits if you ask me!
Old Sep 18, 2000, 6:17 am
Original Poster

SFOflyer.....I agree....they shouldn't be allowed to get away with this crap....they change the rules faster than the weather...it keeps getting more restrictive....one not so fine day we'll be told LP miles earned through the promotion cannot be used for anything!! I started recording my conversations with all these people once I realized how 2 faced they are. Do you have anything in writing from distancia or a recorded conversation? Legal action may be something to look into......
Old Sep 18, 2000, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At the very least they should allow you to transfer them back to your LP account!
After all, you transferred them into Aces/Distancia based on their statement that you can use them for their partner tickets.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.