Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > LatinPass/GlobalPass
Reload this Page >

What to do with 4 unused C-class tickets?

Old Jul 5, 2006, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Was not able to use 4 C-class tickets on TACA, due to scheduling problems with the 4 people they were issued for. Is there any point in recrediting them ... and spend extra $$$? It would be nice to at least change them into a few hotel points or similar. Or should I just forgo the 200'000 LP miles?

If all is to no avail, I was thinking at least to return the tickets to GP with a note telling them that I did not want them having to pay TACA, since we did not use them.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since GP and Taca have severed their relations, I do not think that it will be possible to get unused Taca awards re-credited to GP, even if you wanted to.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Would it at least help GP, if I return the tickets, as they might not get charged for them by TACA. Or do they get charged only after the flights have been taken?
Old Jul 14, 2006, 2:39 pm
Suspended

Are the miles unused from the Run that are still sitting by GP good for anything?

I used Tacas Awards Chart which took more Miles then GPs add to that 2 Biz tkts that were for after 12/31 that I wasnt able to squeeze in before that, and I have around 140k left over.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA,AC,AS,BA,CI,CP,CO,DL,HP,NW,UA,US -Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Globalpass
Why not pay off your credit cards?

Assuming they are not Bonus Miles from the run or other bonus promotion why not use GP's great new Miles-as--Money to Pay Off your credit cards where your 200k would be worth I think around $1300 [ .0065 cents/mile] But alas if they are bonus miles not earned or transfered miles then you can't do this. I got my 1,000,000 for .001 cents/mile so .0065 would have been a nice 'profit' if the bonus miles could be used.

Originally Posted by craz
Are the miles unused from the Run that are still sitting by GP good for anything?

I used Tacas Awards Chart which took more Miles then GPs add to that 2 Biz tkts that were for after 12/31 that I wasnt able to squeeze in before that, and I have around 140k left over.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by khunbill
Assuming they are not Bonus Miles from the run or other bonus promotion why not use GP's great new Miles-as--Money to Pay Off your credit cards where your 200k would be worth I think around $1300 [ .0065 cents/mile] But alas if they are bonus miles not earned or transfered miles then you can't do this. I got my 1,000,000 for .001 cents/mile so .0065 would have been a nice 'profit' if the bonus miles could be used.

I have two tickets from DFW to SJO can I change the names to my brother and give him the tickets?
Old Sep 1, 2006, 8:37 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Khunbill, U mean .65 cents or .0065 dollars per mile!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.