Global Pass/ Taca Ticket Reissue

Old Sep 27, 05, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Global Pass/ Taca Ticket Reissue

I have several TACA (Global Pass) tickets. If I change my flight dates over the phone prior to the original travel date, do I still have to have the ticket reissued prior to the original flight date as well? If not, has anyone been advised that they only had a certain number of days within which to have the ticket reissued? I have several tickets for travel in October but will be leaving with my family for Europe for several weeks and will have no time to go to a TACA counter or city ticket office. Thanks for any feedback.
Old Sep 27, 05, 5:16 pm

I was told by TACA agents this past June that when you change dates and not anything else, you just call TACA and coordinate the change. The Distancia/TACA agent will tell you of the $35 change fee. When your reservation is updated by TACA--everything is done. In fact, even if you go to the airport they normally won't reissue the ticket for date changes. You just show up for your changed flight and they'll pull the "outdated" paper coupon and charge you the $35 (or no charge according to some posters here).

TACA has been operating on E-Tickets for their on line and ticket counter purchases for some time now. It's unusual that we have manual, paper tickets. Therefore, it's the reservation in the system that what matters--not the coupon you hold in your hand with a different date.

Short story: make the changes over the phone and that's it--verify that with the agent you're talking to, of course.
Old Sep 27, 05, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Flight_Hound!

Originally Posted by Flight_Hound
I was told by TACA agents this past June that when you change dates and not anything else, you just call TACA and coordinate the change. The Distancia/TACA agent will tell you of the $35 change fee. When your reservation is updated by TACA--everything is done. In fact, even if you go to the airport they normally won't reissue the ticket for date changes. You just show up for your changed flight and they'll pull the "outdated" paper coupon and charge you the $35 (or no charge according to some posters here).

TACA has been operating on E-Tickets for their on line and ticket counter purchases for some time now. It's unusual that we have manual, paper tickets. Therefore, it's the reservation in the system that what matters--not the coupon you hold in your hand with a different date.

Short story: make the changes over the phone and that's it--verify that with the agent you're talking to, of course.
Old Sep 28, 05, 7:19 am

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Exclamation Seeking Clarification

Where in the Global Pass Program does it say that there is a $35 change fee for reservations? I cant find this information anywhere and I always thought that changes were free.

I know that the Distancia Program has this fee. So TACA charges their DISTANCIA customers for that service.

Am I right in thinking that TACA is trying to impose this service on GP psgrs when in fact, GP customers do not have this fee in our Program?

In other words, can someone point me to the spot in the GP pass program where this fee (and the amount) is outlined in writing?

Last edited by tvl4free; Sep 28, 05 at 7:40 am
Old Sep 28, 05, 8:03 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
As Customer Care monitors this forum, maybe they will tell you right here??
Old Sep 28, 05, 8:26 am

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Oh, yes. Thank you very much! That will be nice.
Old Oct 1, 05, 12:57 pm

Programs: Platinum AA, LatinPass Million Miler
I have an award reservation for 3 tickets to Peru for next March. I really want to travel in June, when my son is out of school, but those dates were too far in advance when I made the reservation in early June, 2005.

Can I change the dates of this reservation, even though I don't have tickets in hand or do I have to wait until I have tickets in hand, hopefully next January or February? I just don't want to do anything to potentially mess up these tickets.
Old Oct 7, 05, 10:08 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, DL Gold, LP ex-Millionaire!
Originally Posted by vandykes44
I have an award reservation for 3 tickets to Peru for next March. I really want to travel in June, when my son is out of school, but those dates were too far in advance when I made the reservation in early June, 2005.

Can I change the dates of this reservation, even though I don't have tickets in hand or do I have to wait until I have tickets in hand, hopefully next January or February? I just don't want to do anything to potentially mess up these tickets.
If the reservation isn't ticketed you can change the dates. Just make sure Taca keeps the same reservation number. For this there will be no charge. I just did this for a reservation I had made for January 06. Because I made the reservation after 6/26 I moved it to October of this year. GP has no problem ticketing the new dates (though I have a little problem with a forced layover in Lima, but that's another story....)

Good luck and enjoy your trip.
Old Oct 19, 05, 7:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Choice Platinum, Alaska 75K, Avianca, British Airways
Vandykes - how did you go? i am in the same situation. Is it no problem changing dates on tickets booked before the 26th?

any fees. Do i have to wait till GP sends out first?
Old Oct 21, 05, 4:58 pm

If you wait until GP tickets the reservation you will have to pay a fee of $50 for any changes. If you make the changes before GP tickets it there is no charge.

I've just done both with two of my reservations (one booked before 6/26 and one booked after). The only significance of the 6/26 date is whether you can travel in 2006 or not.

That said, I changed a res I made post-6/26. It was originally scheduled for Jan 2006. I moved it to October 2005 and GP ticketed it with no problems. When the ticket came it had the same endorsement as my other reservations--good for travel before June 2006. So if I wanted to I could pay the $50 change fee and move the trip back to January.... I think they just made a mistake.
Old Oct 25, 05, 7:42 pm

Business award booking class?

What is the booking class for business class U.S. to Costa Rica in the paper ticket once it is issued? TIA.
Old Oct 25, 05, 7:57 pm

Biz freebies are booked in D.
Old Oct 30, 05, 11:57 pm

Okay, I'm a bit confused about how the information in the above posts would apply to my situation. I've got a reservation IAD-SJO for two tickets at the end of December. According to Taca and the GP website, this reservation has already been ticketed, although I have not received these tickets yet. I would like to change it, with first choice being BOS-SJO on earlier dates. If not possible, second choice would be the original route IAD-SJO but on earlier dates.

I called Taca and the rep said he could change both my origin and dates over the phone no problem but that I'd have to visit a Taca ticket office in person to change over the paper tickets and pay the $35. (I'm not in DC or BOS now but he said I could go to the BOS office the day before travel and do this). But after re-reading Customer Care's post, I'm nervous if it would actually work out that way or not. What should I do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old Oct 31, 05, 8:00 pm

I'm really surprised the Taca rep told you that you could change the departure or destination cities after the ticket has been issued. I don't think they allow that. You can certainly change the dates--though if the ticket has been issued (even if you haven't received it yet)--you'll have to pay the change fee. Others have posted that they weren't charged and others were charged $35. I just paid $50 at the BOS ticket office today. So go figure.

Also, the agent in the BOS office said she couldn't reissue the ticket as an electronic ticket, as others have said they've had done. She said that they needed to retain the original paper stock id number. So I'm traveling with my original paper tickets, a copy of the new itinerary and the receipt for the $50 change fee I paid. I leave on Wednesday and plan to be at the airport early! Though the BOS ticket office agent (wish I could remember her name--she's very nice) said she would send an email to the airport agents to warn them I was coming. We'll see how it goes.
Old Oct 31, 05, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Always get names of agents in these situations.

Search this Thread