FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   LatinPass/GlobalPass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latinpass-globalpass-494/)
-   -   LP/GP Customer Care 1st post (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latinpass-globalpass/476237-lp-gp-customer-care-1st-post.html)

SAPMAN Sep 25, 2005 6:42 pm

LP/GP Customer Care 1st post

After a few years of activity on this board and tons of questions that GP could have answered in this forum, GP puts its first post on Flyertalk 3 months after they pull the plug on the GP Awards program!!!

And they wonder why people complain about their program!! :confused:

See the "TACA will not honor ....... in 2006" Forum for their 1st post. (also pasted below)
===============================================

Customer Care

Programs: None

Dear tfjim aka Name removed by the moderator, allow us to clarify (for all) what you are suggesting to do. You made your award reservations on June 28 and TACA accepted erroneously your travel dates for 2006. GlobalPass was unable to issue those award tickets and you have now changed your reservations for travel dates in 2005. This is acceptable by both, TACA and GlobalPass.

However, you are now insinuating to change your reservations directly with TACA after you receive the tickets to your original 2006 travel dates. This will be a huge mistake and GlobalPass will NOT be responsible for your loss of miles and award tickets. Furthermore, GlobalPass will not be able to return or re-deposit miles from GlobalAwards if not used.

As far as the issuance of Award tickets goes, allow us to clarify. GlobalPass (and LatinPass) issues(d) award tickets close to the travel dates for a simple and logical reason. Once a ticket is physically issued, it automatically gets recorded in a Sales Report. All Sales Reports must be paid by GlobalPass to the corresponding airline at the end of each month. It was always agree with the airlines that they would get paid prior to or close to the travel date of each award.

The reason we will not be able to honor re-deposit of miles and refunds, is also very simple. Once GlobalPass has paid a Sales Report, and the airline is no longer a participant, GlobalPass will be unable to obtain a refund from such airline.

Sincerely,
Customer Care

Customer Care Sep 26, 2005 4:24 pm

Dear SAPMAN aka Removed by moderator,

GlobalPass has been reviewing Flyer Talk for many years, however, management recently made the decision to post in this public forum to clarify certain comments made by Flyer Talkers and to “get the record straight”.

However, we do not find this forum to be fair allowing Flyer Talkers to “hide” behind pseudo names and be allowed to make serious accusations and slanderous comments regarding our company and our CEO and when GlobalPass is able to identify a Flyer Talker by name, the name is then edited by the Moderator.

In our opinion, this is not fair practice and our management will be contacting Mr. Petersen and the Flyer Talk Team in the near future regarding this matter. Otherwise, we will have no alternative than placing this in the hands of our attorneys.

While GlobalPass is making every attempt to identify who these comments originate from, Flyer Talkers simply continue to hide behind fictitious names. Do you consider this attitude by Flyer Talkers to be professional? When you visit a potential airport client (on behalf of your employer), do you actually introduce yourself with a “fake” name? Would that be professional?

We will continue to offer true and correct information to the comments made in this public forum until Mr. Petersen, or whomever, decides to terminate our access because of our posting true names from those customers.

Sincerely,

GlobalPass Customer Care

craz Sep 26, 2005 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by Customer Care
Dear SAPMAN aka removed by moderator,

GlobalPass has been reviewing Flyer Talk for many years, however, management recently made the decision to post in this public forum to clarify certain comments made by Flyer Talkers and to “get the record straight”.

However, we do not find this forum to be fair allowing Flyer Talkers to “hide” behind pseudo names and be allowed to make serious accusations and slanderous comments regarding our company and our CEO and when GlobalPass is able to identify a Flyer Talker by name, the name is then edited by the Moderator.

In our opinion, this is not fair practice and our management will be contacting Mr. Petersen and the Flyer Talk Team in the near future regarding this matter. Otherwise, we will have no alternative than placing this in the hands of our attorneys.

While GlobalPass is making every attempt to identify who these comments originate from, Flyer Talkers simply continue to hide behind fictitious names. Do you consider this attitude by Flyer Talkers to be professional? When you visit a potential airport client (on behalf of your employer), do you actually introduce yourself with a “fake” name? Would that be professional?

We will continue to offer true and correct information to the comments made in this public forum until Mr. Petersen, or whomever, decides to terminate our access because of our posting true names from those customers.

Sincerely,

GlobalPass Customer Care

The ONLY thing I can say to the above is Why are you hiding yourself, you are hiding behind 'Customer Care' what is your real name??? Why do you do the same as you are accussing us of doing???

As for 'serious acusations' and 'slanderous comments' , lets just say had LP/GP been upfront with us and not change its T&Cs so often and in a moments notice then maybe you never would have read what we were forced to write because of LP/GP.

DLSIZE Sep 26, 2005 8:21 pm

I thought slander was used in the legal sense when refering to ORAL communications. Based on what appears to me to be a lack of legal knowledge, I think you are ok :D

I have been following this from the sidelines for a long time and all I can say is if this is how they treat those they are in business with, I am glad not to be doing business with them.

DLSIZE Sep 26, 2005 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by Customer Care

I bet there are many people on here who are having these thoughts : Go ahead, make my day.....make me a millionaire!