Lounge at OHare?

Old Aug 11, 05, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Platinum AA, LatinPass Million Miler
Lounge at OHare?

Does anyone know if there is a lounge that TACA uses at OHare? Flights out from Chicago are at 2 or 3 a.m. and it would be nice to have somewhere to "camp out" prior to those early flights.
Old Aug 12, 05, 10:35 am

Shelley, I'm also interested in knowing this. I'm heading off to Bogota next weekend on LP/GP business class tickets. Lousy departure/arrival times, but I won't complain too much. I'm thinking of getting a hotel on the return.
Old Aug 12, 05, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Does anyone know how I go about finding out whether or not TACA business class passengers have access to a lounge at Chicago? I don't have any idea who or where to call.
Old Aug 12, 05, 10:43 pm

LOL, well I depart out of ORD next weekend in business class. I can let you know after that...
Old Aug 18, 05, 5:46 pm

I just spoke with my son, who traveled Executive Class on Taca/Lacsa out of O'Hare in April. He said there was no lounge.
Old Aug 18, 05, 11:13 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
I flew out of there 3 months ago on TACA. No lounge. After all, they only have one or two flights.

When we got there 4 hr. 15 min ahead of departure time, thinking of check in and then go for a bite /drink, there was already a line forming!! I bet we were about 10th in line. We were not executive class that flight, but do not remember if they had a special line.

And, although agents showed up 4 hrs. ahead, it took about 15 min for them to get organised -- incl. getting the ropes for the zig-zag line assembled!!

Only good thing, terminal is deserted at that time. If you do get through early, you can go to Hilton Hotel bar.
Old Aug 19, 05, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Where it the Hilton Hotel bar from the terminal that TACA flies out of?
Old Aug 19, 05, 3:03 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
TACA flies out of the International Terminal http://www.chicago-ord.com/terminals.html

While the Hilton Hotel is 'easy' to get to (in the middle of the airport complex) it can be confusing.

You take the tram from International to the first stop at American Airlines.
Go out, up, and to the right across the bridge then down the escallator (like you were heading to AA).
Find an escallator (to your right) heading DOWN one more level.
Look for a sign saying Subway and Hotel. Should be at the end of the terminal.. heads DOWN another level.
Walk thru the underpass (or the road the bridge went over) take a slight left.
There are moving sidewalks that will take you farther into the 'connector'.
When the first one ends .. look LEFT (not right for the El/subway).. there is a passageway to the Hilton Hotel.
Go thru there and find an escallator back up!

You should be in the lobby by now!

The advantage is that you can purchase food and drink.

The other option (tho as much of a pain) would be to buy a day-pass to the American Airlines Admiral's Club. The problem there is that it is PAST security so you would need a special club-pass to get by TSA screening!

Do hate to say it, International Terminal at ORD is not a great place.. unless TACA is a member of one of the airline coop programs (like OneWorld or others). You might check into that option.. taking the tram to the maze .. is a lot of effort with a lot of confusion!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: